An Irritating Question

Has anyone had trouble with irritation after using a Muhle shaving soap? I used the Sandalwood this evening and my face felt irritated, along with a mild burning sensation. I had to apply shaving balm liberally. I've never come across this with any other soap or cream.

Golddachs & Taylor Jermyn/Grapefruit do this to me, although normally during the shave & it's not long lasting. Still unpleasant enough that I don't use them & I like Grapefruit.

I have used MÜHLE's Sea Buckthorn with no issues.

OSP Bay Rum irritates my face but OSP Spice Rd doesn't. I've a feeling its the clove, I've another different Bay Rum sample to try this theory.

It can't be the base ingredients which I'm glad as I like OSP performance and I'd like to try more.

I found alot of irritation with the beloved floid. But it soon passed leaving no redness ans the skin feeling superb. It was just the initial hit of alcohol i think.

OSP Bay Rum irritates my face but OSP Spice Rd doesn't. I've a feeling its the clove, I've another different Bay Rum sample to try this theory.

It can't be the base ingredients which I'm glad as I like OSP performance and I'd like to try more.
You could always put a couple of spots of clove oil on your skin to see if you get a reaction, that would narrow it down to cloves and nothing else. Just a thought. :)

I found this with ToBS sandalwood, I didn't notice at first but noticed I was always irritated and burnt after using it and through the forums I discovered many people react to sandalwood. I am fine with Proraso sandalwood.

I also notice I get irritated with Vito's Red but don't get anything with Cella or 3P. Must be one of those things.

Back
Top Bottom