Am I alone?

Blyth Spirit said:
antdad said:
:lol: Try listening to Sky or Fox News, apparently it's a free market subscription service.

...which is exactly what we need in the UK as an FM channel. (As an aside, I think that DAB per se is a doomed experiment). Why can't we have a SKY or even FOX radio news service channel?
:idea:

News is a huge business like any other, you may have already been listening to SLY without knowing it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Radio-Alphabetical-List-Of-All-Stations-Served-After-IRN-Deal/Article/200902415231020?lpos=Home_Article_Related_Content_Region_5&lid=ARTICLE_15231020_Sky_News_Radio:_Alphabetical_List_Of_All_Stations_Served_After_IRN_Deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-Ne ... r_IRN_Deal</a><!-- m -->

I think that there are many more things on the television that are vastly more annoying than the Go Compare! bloke.

I would list all examples, but I suspect that we have limited server space.

Ian

James_uk said:
Is it just me or that numpty from go compare ad really needs knocking out? :evil:

I know it's christmas and all but I might have a spare £50 I could throw in to see a gang giving it to him,he won't be singing like a bitch no more :hungrig

The advertising agency who put that set of adverts together would be jumping up and down with joy at your post, because they have done exactly what Go Compare wanted them to do..............that is to get you to remember their product.......... :lol: :lol: ... :shock: :shock:

I have 2 fantastic buttons on my TV remote, mute and off..............any of those solve ASS......(annoying advert syndrome)........ :D :D

missingskin said:
I have 2 fantastic buttons on my TV remote, mute and off..............any of those solve ASS......(annoying advert syndrome)........ :D :D

But which one, which one? I want to feel like a bomb defuser for christ's sake.

antdad said:
missingskin said:

But which one, which one? I want to feel like a bomb defuser for christ's sake.

In that case just cut the f*ckin mains lead that should work............... :shock: :shock:

Those Go Compare adverts drive my wife batty. She will turn the radio off or change channel when it comes on.

Type in "Go Compare" on facebook and check our the groups that you can join. "Go away" is one of the more polite ones there!

Having said that, when I was looking for pet insurance recently, guess where I went.... :roll:

SKY+ is a godsend. Hardly watch anything in real time these days. Even if something is coming on I want to see unles it is BBC or a SKY movie I will record it to watch later so I can skip the ad's.

Having said that I have missed the start of several new series because of this so you can't have it both ways.

I was trying to watch Spiderman 3 on five with the oiks yesterday, I say trying because there was an ad break every 15 minutes. So I said times up, set the PVR to pause (record) and had some tea. 25 minutes later we were watching it again only this time we could flick past the ads. God bless the PVR, but I'm never watching a film on five again at least not in real time.

Agree with you there I find it most annoying with movies, even on one hour programs they manage three commercial breaks and it seems all the channels synchronise their breaks, you can flick if you want to but other than BBC or the odd channel it is mass adverts across the board.

I enjoy a good movie, even more so without being told what to eat/drink/buy for Christmas every ten minutes.

Back
Top Bottom