Aluminum razors

For what's it worth, I really enjoy the ATT Calypso Regular plate - a lovely smooth yet efficient shave. I understand that Blackland have bought ATT and are planning to relaunch some of the ATT line.

The Hone 15a is also a great razor - beautiful, smooth and efficent.

The makers of both of those razors first made stainless steel and brass models before designing and producing aluminum versions - both noted the difference in designing and producing razors that would perform well in that material. It sounds as if a lot of effort went in to produce alumnum razors that stand out on their own in terms of functionality and asthetic.

Final thought - when you hit the sweet spot with the ATT it sings lke a bird - as every YMMV.

All the best,

Chris

Go vintage?

There's the late model Tech with the aluminium baseplate and spiral handle, which is very light. Likewise, there's the ASR Tech-alike in the same format with heavier top cap but aluminium baseplate and handle.

... or this lovely thing:

ADCreHdSJk2ARKqoCLzGg4fNbPTYX_dBZscx-HAGW_NMYV88slInCBItjp2_uIUk41Qjcbwme6vmicwCA0Tbqme7ykRRWxpgZ5aHra3gaoaz-WufSN3y4boznvjg6V1gz350QisH1UIqZ9FKiS-WYvFJ0JUKyg=w800

ADCreHccNoDtS0o0CLkC4T0M2QpQ1vz7LTt9fDF5a0RgBiu94Flz4iAQUplOk5aI7lEB8gUGzQuV_FDZdmseqY5i21v37Yqx3JxXeSabWPk6fcIdSB-RlWlyD5v_ZzfQywrR-DjguJozU8f7igrrsoBUlMZNsQ=w800

... which we believe is a demob razor, entirely aluminium and very light indeed!

Back
Top Bottom