Alum as an antiperspirant.

I currently like a deodorant called Bionsen, which I think can be found in Boots, Morrisons and Waitrose. I never found alum effective enough by the end of the day, but that says more about my lifestyle/anatomy than alum itself.

I've been using it for a couple of years too. I was fed up with all of my shirts getting glued up armpits. I always add a spray of deodorant (not anti-perspirant) on top just for scent.
Uniqlo under shirt and then shirt on top and I'm good to go

I used Right Guard Sport Reactive spray for years ......... and then came the dreaded 'reformulation' ........ Which was unfortunate, as they obviously started to use contact adhesive in the new formula ...... At least you'd think so by the way I was scared to put my arms down in case they ended up glued to my sides.........

So I had to look around for an alternative ........ and they were all practically the same: Spray Adhesive. Eventually, I landed on a product called 'Pitrok' and thought I'd give that a try ........... and blow me down, but it works perfectly; I still sweat...... But I don't stink..... at all. I absolutely swear by the stuff now....... been using it for about four years or so.

It's Ammonium Alum, not Potassium Alum ........ But does the same thing. I think I got a deal on Fleabay last time: three for sixteen quid, delivered. They last that long that I'm still on the first one, gave another away to an uncle who now uses it exclusively and have a spare for when this one wears down to nothing......... which will probably be around 2018 - 2019 judging by how slowly this is being used up.

I very rarely rave about such a simple product ........ but I'll sing the praises of Pitrok to the skies. It's just six or seven quid or so for the one piece, does exactly what it's intended to do, is a lot healthier to use and absolutely lasts an age. I do actually wonder how they make their money, it lasts so long.

Don't let it ping out from between wet fingers, though ............... 'Cos you'll be cleaning up alum crystals for ages if it hits the edge of the sink on the way to the floor ......... As I found out with my first one :D

and I'm moist...
Ooh Matron!

I tried it once when I was away and had forgotten to pack deodorant. I didn't like it, i found it too wet. I always wet my alum block before using it. Also I didn't really like the idea of using it on my face afterwards. I did eventually, but only after a good rinse.

Alum is a very mild anti perspirant, in that it is drying. It is not an anti perspirant as a whole amd is certainly not a deodorant. So in conclusion its alum.

Back
Top Bottom