advise on old straights

hi guys i have been given these off a freind of mine who is intersted in selling them i said i may be able to help him get some information on them (worth . age make )

oldstraight22.jpg

oldstraight12.jpg

oldstraight11.jpg

oldstraightbox.jpg

oldstraightbox2.jpg

oldstraightbox1.jpg

oldstraight23.jpg

oldstraight21.jpg

oldstraight1.jpg

oldstraight11.jpg

razor 1 white scales has shefield on the Tang and E M DICKENSON and what looks like INVICTOR

the other one with brown Scales has PREMIUM TRY RAZOR with a SWAN on the blade and on ther Tang FRANCIS NEWTON on it

any ideas guys from what i can see they both have a lot of wear on ther blade edge and scales are quite worn

The box is very nice and looks purpose made for staright razors nice red material on the inside and nice wood on the outside with a bit of TLC it would make a very nice case

The easiest way to find out what they are worth is to put them on Ebay - but with better pictures. :icon_surprised:

If you are asking what they would be worth if cleaned up etc. - it's very difficult to say but (and this is just my opinion) if you had to pay one of the prefessional restorers, I don't think you would add that much to re-sale value.

Take a look at Ebay and see the prices that similar condition razors go for.

UKRob said:
The easiest way to find out what they are worth is to put them on Ebay - but with better pictures. :icon_surprised:

If you are asking what they would be worth if cleaned up etc. - it's very difficult to say but (and this is just my opinion) if you had to pay one of the prefessional restorers, I don't think you would add that much to re-sale value.

Take a look at Ebay and see the prices that similar condition razors go for.

Thanks Rob i value your opinion i did say to my mate they may not be worth a lot as the condition is poor, but i said i would try for him .

The pics were a bit rushed i know i still have to work out how to display the items at there best lol

Think the main seller will be the wooden case. From what I've seen on eBay almost anything in a case sells for considerably more than without.

Back
Top Bottom