adding scent to a soap

i got a vintage erasmic shave stick, grated it into a bowl and used it tonight. the lather was absolutely fantastic, as good as anything ive used. the only thing is the scent has completely gone, im thinking of putting a load of pin holes in it and adding some edt or cologne, ive got plenty of decent samples from floris, c&s and a few others.

has anyone done this before and what were the results?

This got me thinking. Sometimes I have bowl lathered an unscented soap and added either menthol glycerine or Tea Tree EO to the bowl when building up the lather and mostly this has been quite successful.
It got me thinking that EDT is essentially perfume oils in alcohol so I've just tested doing the same with a random spray EDT and got an good scent in the lather. I think further testing is needed.

I've just done this tonight ... yes, cocktail stick, prick the grated soap all over and drop in the fragrance. I can't comment on how an alcoholic fragrance will work, but an oil-based essential oil or attar does seem to work out fine.

i gave it a shot last night, pricked the soap and gradually added a sample of floris mahon leather i had. i was adding it little by little, but had an attack of cock fingers and emptied the full sample into the soap. i thought it was going to be too much, but this morning it didnt smell as strong as i thought it would, so did a test lather and it lathers fine, no skin reaction to the amount i put in either. ill just see how long the scent in the soap lasts, but its a fantastic smelling soap now.

Back
Top Bottom