Acquisitions - September 2022

C&E Mysore  b.JPG

Vintage C&E Mysore Sandalwood soap.
Unused despite the photo. I had cleaned off some light surface dust under the tap.
I've read favourable comments about this original C&E Mysore Sandalwood soap and even though I only recently acquired a jar of the C&E Sandalwood cream, I had to get this one to satisfy my curiosity.
It's safe to say my sandalwood notion is now well and truly satisfied.

* SOTD today with this and it's +1 to the list of people who find it fantastic

Pashana Original Aftershave
Following a long ago, failed purchase (which involved the intervention of my bank in recovering my money because, yes, I'm that tight) I have finally snagged a bottle of this from a retailer site. I'm not sure whether the aftershave has been resurrected by the company who bought the brand or whether I struck lucky on a hitherto undiscovered cache. However, availability looks better than it was - although some sites are wholesale.
It smells like it's right up my alley. Time to re-stock @pjgh ?
It looks like a buyout. The back label on my very old bottle of Pashana AS gives "Denman International Limited" as the proprietors. The denmanpro.com website, also shown on the label, goes to a 403 in some Far Eastern country.

The "new" Pashana label now shows the owners as being "Hive of Beauty" in London and Fitch Labs in Dublin. The website for both is hiveofbeauty.com, but that, oddly, doesn't list the aftershave.

As far as I can judge, there does seem to be a slight difference in the scent of the old and new, but that's quite possibly because my last bottle of the "old", now down to the dregs, has been kicking about in my cupboard for a decade or more.

Whatever its travels or travails, I'm pleased it's obtainable once again; if only to annoy its detractors, who seem to dislike it intensely. Let them wear Lilac Vegetal, I say.

Shaving Time arrival.

As I alluded to in my SoTD, I was waiting for something a little 'deeper' to arrive. It did with postie earlier.

British Leather by Stirling. I was expecting that the splash would be a bit more powerful. I can't really smell it above the Latigo I'm wearing, even with my nose stuck right on top of the bottle. I do get more of a smell from the soap which is pleasant, but not overpowering.

Does anyone know if the original English Leather was strong or whether it was subtle? Being more of a scent from across the pond I don't recall it when I was younger.

I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to get the full effect.

Attachments

• IMG_20220921_112920__01.jpg
    IMG_20220921_112920__01.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 4
E66DD45C-1F14-4C35-9D3F-D8F87D9E7266.jpeg8D3E80C0-03BC-4AB7-B188-2A55689695F4.jpeg
Polished Claymore Evolution kindly traded with cash for my Hone 15s. I’m looking forward to trying this out over the next few days, the feather is loaded and ready to fly! I was down to one SE after giving up my Hawk v3a. I hope it’s as least as good as that! Only really have a Vector or Stando Rod I’d like to try still, (I’m aware the mongoose and general are near unobtainium!), ok and the proposed Tatara SE which I’ll likely buy based solely on the experiences I’ve had with the Masamune and Nodachi! I actually like the handle in the flesh better than I thought I would. It has some weight which I like, I really can’t wait to try it out!

Arrived just a bit ago, another project. Hard part done and got the top unscrewed and apart easily with a proven method. The cool part is the pics showed no number and it turns out it's a #3 which is the one I'm missing.......
View attachment 93800View attachment 93801
View attachment 93803

Did you see this one, it went for $4.99 !!!

Back
Top Bottom