Acquisitions - October 2022

Another NOS vintage Culmak:

AL9nZEWSgWJG0ZRphBdtXO92XVz4kmaddsyYk29lf0bRMcSM_5M1XwwmU0luzo18Yzo_rjPFoZKf6WTgE0y0LYr5Wn1FDutBsdHIaQ1que98fUKiakrFWIMAPAnhvsUHcjU-xE0gcTRMDC5zAeIII8JLQM9rYw=s800

Made by Addis, so 1960s on ... weight in grams with no mention of ounces but no mandatory ingredients list.

Best guess? 1980s, despite its more retro looks. What do you reckon, folks?

A couple of purchases from the Bay of E. Yes, purchases as, despite 'winning' them I didn't really win them! Always find the "You Won! Now pay up!" notification/email a little nonsensical.

Been trying for a black beauty for a few months, but always seem to have been outbid. Not this time! Thankfully, I was outbid on the other black beauty I had bids in for!
This one came with a case and is in super condition. Adjustment works fine, blade alignment looks good, only a bit of wear and tear. Smiles all around.

I bought this Tech on a whim, before I got the e-books, narrowed my internet searches and found the measurements I was looking for. Turns out that I have quite a few fat handled Tech razors, ball-end and different ALU handles, but NO thin handled ones! That's my next search, and of course it has to be at the right price!
This Tech is in very good nick, almost as good as the NOS one I paid a fair bit more for! Just some discolouration on the base plate. The bakelite case is immaculate. This may end up as part of my son's birthday present next month, I'll have to decide whether I want 15 Tech razors, or 14!

Attachments

• IMG_20221019_123626__01.jpg
    IMG_20221019_123626__01.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20221019_123728__01.jpg
    IMG_20221019_123728__01.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20221019_123743__01.jpg
    IMG_20221019_123743__01.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20221019_123805__01.jpg
    IMG_20221019_123805__01.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20221019_123818__01.jpg
    IMG_20221019_123818__01.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 12
The Font definitely looks 80's

It's the same material design of bowl that I already have with a soap marked in ounces. It'll be the same soap, but the graphics are slightly different. I like it!

We spoke about Boots soaps a while ago. Since then I've also collected a NOS Old English Lavender (pictured in this thread) and a much more modern bowl with flexible plastic lid, presumably 1990s, perhaps 2000s. Love 'em!

It's the same material design of bowl that I already have with a soap marked in ounces. It'll be the same soap, but the graphics are slightly different. I like it!

We spoke about Boots soaps a while ago. Since then I've also collected a NOS Old English Lavender (pictured in this thread) and a much more modern bowl with flexible plastic lid, presumably 1990s, perhaps 2000s. Love 'em!
Yes you had a Coty one as well , does this Culmark have any fragrance left ? The bowl looks similar to the one they use today except a different colour. Very interesting that you find them and then use them for the intended purpose. I know @Tony'schin have some cream that was from the 50's and he happily used that for a good while.

Yes you had a Coty one as well , does this Culmark have any fragrance left ? The bowl looks similar to the one they use today except a different colour. Very interesting that you find them and then use them for the intended purpose. I know @Tony'schin have some cream that was from the 50's and he happily used that for a good while.

Yes, it does have a scent ... quite herbal!

The bowl is indeed of the same design as the current product - just different coloured lid. This new one is more burgundy than the picture above shows. It surprised me how red it looks above. For comparison, here it is next to my other one (note the 3ozs) which is most definitely just red.

AL9nZEWdKk-67tODxm1p8qUSFKBwGYJeILdQgGa34lIWCq7tvOheNCZGYfZ4qNQr_GoC6_kI26P9hrMykj093FAWbTyW86TJiRMnQSbhdpQTOf5yHDuJUBejVpU6NaPSjq5FEmadBAHZ1x5MCvz6mAxNtiGt9g=s800

I had a current stock bowl maybe four or five years ago? Enjoyed, but moved it along when I had a brief spell as an ingredients zealot.

Going back to this fantastic shaving cream. If you dont know the Gentlemens Face Care Club, it is cheap as chips & performs exceptionally well. Their website can be a bit mad with flash sales at short notice.

A wonderful thread about it here ---> https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/co...oly-grail-of-shaving-creams-for-a-7-97.43009/

View attachment 95118
I knew I shouldn't have looked at this thread, now I have to buy a pot and try to convince the wife why it's an essential purchase.

I knew I shouldn't have looked at this thread, now I have to buy a pot and try to convince the wife why it's an essential purchase.

If you didn't know (apologies if you do) their shaving creams AFAIK is made by Creightons and use the same base formula as ones used by TOBS and so on.

If you are not too bothered by scent, then you can buy one direct from Creightons for a good price.

If you didn't know (apologies if you do) their shaving creams AFAIK is made by Creightons and use the same base formula as ones used by TOBS and so on.

If you are not too bothered by scent, then you can buy one direct from Creightons for a good price.

I did not know and thank you for the link, I will try both sites and enjoy the cheap prices.

+1 for Creightons shave cream.
Good value even at double the price, and seems to last forever.
I quite like the scent, which soon leaves after rinsing.

Back
Top Bottom