Acquisitions Monday 25th Feb to Sunday 3rd March

Starting this thread for a change this week.

A few bits for me today.

First up was the iKon Standard head Base Plate which I can use in place of the Deluxe Open Comb Base plate I already had.

IMG_0510_zps872f75f2.jpg

Then we have a Gillette New Service set.

IMG_0508_zps51e76382.jpg

And finally a couple of blades

IMG_0511_zps85b196e5.jpg

Got a Boots shaving stick for the knock-down price of £1.
As someone pointed out on this forum, the plastic holder works very well with a Speick shaving stick (and others)... so now I have a neat little plastic holder for my Speick in case I take it on my travels.
Simple but effective

Just got some The Natural Grooming Co. shave cream for 49p from Home Bargains. It says to rub it in with hands but I'll have a go with a brush in the morning and see what it's like.

The Mackem Shaver said:
Just got some The Natural Grooming Co. shave cream for 49p from Home Bargains. It says to rub it in with hands but I'll have a go with a brush in the morning and see what it's like.

I gave it a shot with my brush - no luck! I think it's a latherless one, but you might have more luck than me.

mulligano said:
The Mackem Shaver said:

I gave it a shot with my brush - no luck! I think it's a latherless one, but you might have more luck than me.

That doesn't sound great, I face lather and try to keep prep down to a minimum so the only thing working in my favour is soft water.

Has anyone seen the new IKon standard base plate for sale as a seperate from any UK retailers ?

Have only seen the OSS base plate available to date.

Lose the beard said:
Starting this thread for a change this week.

A few bits for me today.

First up was the iKon Standard head Base Plate which I can use in place of the Deluxe Open Comb Base plate I already had.

IMG_0510_zps872f75f2.jpg

Then we have a Gillette New Service set.

IMG_0508_zps51e76382.jpg

And finally a couple of blades

IMG_0511_zps85b196e5.jpg

Re: RE: Acquisitions Monday 25th Feb to Sunday 3rd March

Gairdner said:
Where did tha get tha Gillette Greens, LTB?

I got them from ebay here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200-GILLETTE-7-O-CLOCK-DOUBLE-EDGE-BLADES-AMAZING-QUALITY-BLADES-fast-delivery-/251234290248?

Just bought ten sticks of Palmolive shave soap, a tub of Wilkinsons' soap, a tube of Palmolive cream and a bunch of tubs to try different mixes. Too much time on my hands I think.

mulligano said:
Just bought ten sticks of Palmolive shave soap, a tub of Wilkinsons' soap, a tube of Palmolive cream and a bunch of tubs to try different mixes. Too much time on my hands I think.

Bin the wilky and keep the bowl

mulligano said:
oversaturn said:
2 NOS Henckels blades:

Heckels Friodur 50 1/2 (5/8'')

Henckels Inox 72 1/2 (a generous 6/8'' - blade measures 21mm)

Wow! They are stunning! Are you going to use them? Or is it just for collecting?

Don't talk to him, he won't tell us where he gets these lovely razors from
Oversaturn is the luckiest man alive with Heckels I tried to find out using a spy satellite followed him for weeks I did but he slipped off the radar :mad:

Back
Top Bottom