Acquisitions Monday 21 October - Sunday 27 October 2013

Just received my custom-made Tabac lid from Gecko of this parish. What a work of art! It's made of "Bloodwood" and treated with linseed oil and CA finished with melamine. I'm not sure how all that's done but the result is one handsome piece of wood.
He actually made himself one from "Zebrano" wood which is just as pretty but different. You can see his one here, post #9

No more clinky-clinky of plastic; move over for the clomph of wood.

TabacLid-2_zpsa40a6a83.jpg

TabacLid-1_zps7f59b00a.jpg

2 x Gillette Rocket HD.

Slightly different models - weight varies by ~2g and one has 'II' stamped underneath the baseplate. One may go into the rotation and the less shiny one become a travel razor if it suits me.

fancontroller said:
Just received my custom-made Tabac lid from Gecko of this parish. What a work of art! It's made of "Bloodwood" and treated with linseed oil and CA finished with melamine. I'm not sure how all that's done but the result is one handsome piece of wood.
He actually made himself one from "Zebrano" wood which is just as pretty but different. You can see his one here, post #9

That is a stunning addition to anyone's shaving collection - congratulations...

likebutton-1.jpg

fancontroller said:

Very nice indeed and looks much more the proper thing to have atop the Jar.

fancontroller said:

TabacLid-2_zpsa40a6a83.jpg

TabacLid-1_zps7f59b00a.jpg

A beautiful piece of work!

From Cult Pens, an OHTO Tasche pocket FP (which needs some work as the nib is very dry and scratchy), with a couple of packs of cartridges. They included as a free item a Stabilo fineliner which seems ideal for drawing (I'm useless generally but my railway modelling means that I sometimes draw layouts, so a few of them may be useful.

From Ebay....

Gillette Superspeed Red Tip (British made). Just had a shave with it and it looks like I'm going to need some practice. Only a little blood though which was gone by the time I came out of the shower but not as close as I'd have liked. Anyone with a recommendation for a good blade to go with this? I have put a Gillette Silver Blue in it to start with.

vmnw.jpg

Drumgerry said:
From Ebay....

Gillette Superspeed Red Tip (British made). Just had a shave with it and it looks like I'm going to need some practice. Only a little blood though which was gone by the time I came out of the shower but not as close as I'd have liked. Anyone with a recommendation for a good blade to go with this? I have put a Gillette Silver Blue in it to start with.

vmnw.jpg

Yellow 7's
Green 7's Super Stainless
Super Thins

chrisbell said:
From Cult Pens, an OHTO Tasche pocket FP (which needs some work as the nib is very dry and scratchy), with a couple of packs of cartridges. They included as a free item a Stabilo fineliner which seems ideal for drawing (I'm useless generally but my railway modelling means that I sometimes draw layouts, so a few of them may be useful.

They're clearly quite variable... My Ohto Tasche is wetter than an otters pocket... Might be the ink though (using the Cultpens Deep Dark Blue cartridge that came with my CP mini FP)

I got this not especially special, but well presented birth year Slim Twist:

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3488.JPG

Shave ready, I disinfected this evening with neat alcohol, ready for a first shave soon. I have a once run Rapira Swedish that should be just right for this ...

Well it's not shaving related but was a bargain on the bay and had to look for something to replace my ageing vega, a Samsung galaxy tab 3 it was sold as not working and having an unresponsive touch screen which became nice and responsive after a hard reset....
99ccada0-d557-419f-a14b-b709c45a5d11_zpsa77aaba2.jpg

Two parcels this morning:
Birthyear Silver Jubilee special edition Old spice (cheers for the tip tonyspurs) and a rather small vintage travel razor that caught my eye. I gave the razor and its box a thorough clean and spruced it up a bit.

Box and Razor before i'm let loose on them

And after,

I was surprised how small this was so i took a photo for size comparison:

Back
Top Bottom