Acquisitions Mon 9 March - Sun 15 March

A Spiro DE Blade rotary stropper made by John Watts Co in Sheffield - in great condition - it's built like a tank

Apparently you put a Treet in and get a Feather out after you've cranked it for a few minutes.

If you've got any magic beans I'll buy them too

Ratty
[attachment=13349]
[attachment=13350]
[attachment=13351]
[attachment=13352]

Attachments

• IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    476.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    474.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    413.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    390.6 KB · Views: 27
rixkk3.jpg

See: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=31736&pid=435140#pid435140

So, having cleared room in a nice vintage bakelite pot, I now have a nice empty vintage bakelite pot ... any suggestions as to what to fill it with would be greatly appreciated. I really want a tobacco and bay kind of soap.

pjgh said:
See: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=31736&pid=435140#pid435140

So, having cleared room in a nice vintage bakelite pot, I now have a nice empty vintage bakelite pot ... any suggestions as to what to fill it with would be greatly appreciated. I really want a tobacco and bay kind of soap.

How about Reef Point Peerless? It's fine for a lathering but the scent is just a bit lacking of something IMO, still pretty good though.
I thought you were in Erik's Grandstaff bulk-buy for Holy Smokes - that might fit the bill.

I am in on the Grandstaff buy ... I have another (also empty) vintage bakelite bowl lined up for that one :D

Darron did a tobacco soap for the US market (Huntlee Master Lather). I think it's still available, but I'm loathed to buy one to come all the way back here when he's in this country. I'm set on tobacco and bay, though, so perhaps a tall order. I have found a glycerine soap (boiled sweet lookalike) which I can get as tobacco and bay or perhaps better yet, violet, tobacco and bay. Again, from the US so I might just be importing yet more landfill ...

Recent acquisitions that have already arrived:
Stahly live blade razor
Myrsol Antesol
Imperial Leather shave stick
10 Gillette Super Silver
Lynx Africa aftershave

And some Speick EDT and vintage Gillette Nacets on the way :)

1965 slim adjustable in great condition! Having been using a Futur for a while and finding an adjustable very useful, I felt it lacked soul! So vintage it is.

rps20150313_204653_564.jpg

Yeah, don't get me wrong the futur is a great, great shaver. But I may as well use a mach3.

Kinda made me realise the reason I love proper shaving is the intangibles, yup the futur shaves better than a tech, but hey I prefer the tech.

Got my beautiful Lereshe #51 today thanks to a seller on this site :)
Can't wait to see if this razor lives up to the almost mythical reputation it has a great shaver

It sure is purty though....

qoymfq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom