Acquisitions - December 2022

28mm will do nicely, she's got a big hole to fill! :oops::p

Thanks for the info.

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems vintage brushes often either have quite small knots like the Culmaks with 18mm ones, or quite large ones like yours. I wonder whether the larger ones were intended for barbershops and the smaller ones were for consumers/home use.

Thanks for the info.

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems vintage brushes often either have quite small knots like the Culmaks with 18mm ones, or quite large ones like yours. I wonder whether the larger ones were intended for barbershops and the smaller ones were for consumers/home use.

I've got more 22 to 24mm than anything else. The old barber catalogs show tall cabinets with places for many shave mugs, folks could buy they're own personal mug and brush for the barber to use when they came in, other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:
With names on them.

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

62EE6461-2EAC-406A-9D31-F0D68A9B580C.jpeg
My Black Friday buys conclude with the arrival of selection of oils from HC&C including a kindly sourced out of stock vial of Dark Moon a Tom Ford Black Orchid homage that I can tell already smells amazing. A mini puck of Canadian Mafia soap a homage to JPG LeMale which off the puck is again very good and the dark horse surprise of their basic White Star Label which just smells amazing and perfect for autumn/winter! I love it when artisans offer smaller trial size soaps and the extra mile Pete went to in finding me the Dark Moon oil which was out of stock. I do not love sod’s law, of me buying the smaller sets, loving every single one of them all and wishing I’d bought everything in full size! I’m especially going to have to buy a bigger scentless puck for the no doubt more scents I’m going to end up getting!

Back
Top Bottom