Acquisitions 27th May-2 Jun

This is a mix of yesterday and todays deliveries and I got the dreaded white delivery card this morning and going by the tracking info I'm expecting another one tomorrow. :mad:

[attachment=7395]

Yesterday the MdC Fougère, the New and the Chubby arrived. Today was the Polo and the Stahly, the latter of which invoked the white card. I think this was the first time I have paid more in duty than the RM charge, it was 7 pence more. I still can't see why their administration fees are so high.

Scott.

Sm304 said:
This is a mix of yesterday and todays deliveries and I got the dreaded white delivery card this morning and going by the tracking info I'm expecting another one tomorrow. :mad:

Yesterday the MdC Fougère, the New and the Chubby arrived. Today was the Polo and the Stahly, the latter of which invoked the white card. I think this was the first time I have paid more in duty than the RM charge, it was 7 pence more. I still can't see why their administration fees are so high.

Scott.

That's a really nice haul there! Shame those b******s feel the need to rip us off while ripping us off.

Sm304 said:
This is a mix of yesterday and todays deliveries :mad:

Today was the Polo and the Stahly,
Scott.

Nice couple items there,

I'd be curious how you find the Stahly shave if you try it with the handle twisted up and the razor purring like a gut shot lion.

Congrats on the nice additions to your shaving arsenal.,

Martin

On the plus side, my Kai Excelia has arrived.

On the minus side, the delivery website tells me that Customs have collared it so I am expecting a bastard huge bill.

mattyb240 said:
Dr Dulcamara said:
It is not a purchase, it is a gift from the gods.

Imagen%2520623.jpg

That's a great looking handle!

Yes, it is. Martini, you have said nothing of my new brush! I'm concerned!

dodgy said:
Sm304 said:
This is a mix of yesterday and todays deliveries :mad:

Today was the Polo and the Stahly,
Scott.

Nice couple items there,

I'd be curious how you find the Stahly shave if you try it with the handle twisted up and the razor purring like a gut shot lion.

Congrats on the nice additions to your shaving arsenal.,

Martin

Thanks guys, I'm certainly going to give it a buzz, so to speak, I quite like the size of the handle in the hand. When it's vibrating I'm not so sure, but the proof is in the pudding. :)

Scott.

Dr Dulcamara said:
[ Martini, you have said nothing of my new brush! I'm concerned!

Actually, I did say something like "Holy crap, get me outta here fast! I do not wanna see his damn brush!" Something like that, although I didn't type it.

I like that German guy's brushes and have bought a few from him over the years, starting in 2007. The handle design you picked is one like I got for my son last year for his birthday, only I ordered his in ebony color. Your knot though is a step up I'd bet......looks comfy.

So it's too late.......Shavemac has enabled me years ago, which is why I didn't want to get the spins looking at yours.

Well the Good Doctor, I hope that takes care of any worries you had about me, Very nice addition to your shaving arsenal.

Martinelli

I've been a little bit quiet recently due to a new job taking most of my time, plus finding new additions to the arsenal is getting harder.

Here's a few that have arrived in the last week or so.

A superb condition Leresche #51

LerescheNo51.jpg

A mint condition Minora

Minora.jpg

An interesting Nationaal from Holland.

Nationaal.jpg

A very effective Royal Crown from the US

RoyalCrown.jpg

A Sabi T1

SabiT1.jpg

That's all for now, but there is a couple more inbound :blush:

Jamies said:
I've been a little bit quiet recently due to a new job taking most of my time, plus finding new additions to the arsenal is getting harder.

Here's a few that have arrived in the last week or so.

A superb condition Leresche #51

Bonjour buddy,

Good to see the crazy is still going strong in you........heh. Some beautiful razors in that group, especially that Leresche.....whew.

Great additions to the shaving arsenal,

Martin

Dr Dulcamara said:
mattyb240 said:
Dr Dulcamara said:
It is not a purchase, it is a gift from the gods.

Imagen%2520623.jpg

That's a great looking handle!

Yes, it is. Martini, you have said nothing of my new brush! I'm concerned!

This pic got my curiosity going, so I went and visisted Shavemac's website. All I could say was WOW!!! (to the confused faces of most of my colleagues!).

Didn't know they had such a wide range of silver tips. And they do wood styles and engraving as well. Think my Kent T4 is going to get old all of a sudden... :icon_razz:

Gravy said:
...I'm tempted to buy a Sabi T2 (short handle) just for the handle, what is the quality like in person?

I've just received a Cadet OC TP-02SS (same company "Shave a Buck" as the T2).

The handle is a bit like a Fatip Piccolo but thicker and a little longer. Nice weight to it but the finish is not as good as a Weber handle and it's lighter than the Weber.
In the hand you can can feel a few "prickles" from the metal, but not sharp or anything, just enables a good, comfortable grip. Remarkable handle for the price.
The thread has the same bore as regular razors (unlike the Fatip).

Only bug with the Cadet is that the "bolt" part on the cap is really long, too long for a Weber handle. This is no problem for the Cadet handle of course as it fits a shorter cap "bolt" well.

I chose a Cadet instead of a Sabi because all the handles are nice and there seem to be more reports of the poor quality of the Sabi head (closed-comb) than the Cadet head (open-comb)

Back
Top Bottom