Acquisitions, 1st September to 30th September 2015

Received yet another Schick Platinum DE - NIB. Now I have four.
2d9o46p.jpg

A bottle of Quorum EdT and a bottle to treat a couple of vintage, wooden shaving brushes.
Tried the Quorum this morning and got the comment "what's that medical smell?" from someone...
Sadly I agree - it's a terrible scent and it's going back.

m75eg4.jpg

A bottle of Quorum EdT ...
Tried the Quorum this morning and got the comment "what's that medical smell?" from someone...

Two things to note there: first, the age of the commenter was obviously under 40; second, so must you be, as the comment bothered you :D
Shame you didn't give yourself five or six spritzes, as you could have cleared the building before even opening the door!

You're not a Quorum man, then. I'd also avoid the following: Pino Silvestre, Agua Brava, Ted Lapidus, Rapport, Kouros ... in fact, all my scents. Quorum! At least once a week, their 'Silver' gets a little spritz every now and again, too.

A bottle of Quorum EdT and a bottle to treat a couple of vintage, wooden shaving brushes.
Wearing it today. Love it!

For me it's a scent that I want to smell like to others rather then for my own benefit.

The great pretender that is the LS 30mm silvertip knot has arrived. Here it is among the competition:

First impressions are positive - it's a substantial piece, build quality is pretty good and the silvertip is soft with some degree of backbone (more than the Omega, but less than both of the Paladins). The silvertip is also reasonably densely packed - more than the Paladins but, understandably, nowhere near as dense as the Simpson Chubby 2.

One minor negative observation - the knot isn't absolutely geometrically perfect like the Paladins or the Simpson; it's not a show-stopper as it is so slight, but it does warrant a mention.

But, the proof of the pudding and all that, as they say - it will be interesting to see how it actually performs among such hallowed company.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom