Acquisitions, 1st October to 31st October 2015

img_1924.jpg

€2.60 for bowl and razors is a deal. If it was just for the razors you were ripped off: I paid €1.99 for 5 in August on a small Greek island :p
It was just for the razors, so yes you beat me on price but it was just a spur of the moment thing, not bargain hunting. Still seems cheaper than UK.

Last edited:
My frenemy the mailman brought dropped off some things this morning.

1) Two very nice Stahlys.
The one in the box (left one) is near mint but the case-less one to the right is not too bad at all.
I already have one (love the head on these razors) and at least one of these are earmarked to be passed on to a friend.
Now I just need to decide which of the three that I have I want to keep for myself :)

343qlgk.jpg

2) A random assortment of cases, razors and stuff.
This was all bought as one lot and there were only really a few things in it that I wanted.

The lot contained;
- A brush-box-thing.
wv4yoi.jpg

This leatherette covered, nylon brush monstrosity contained;
30tt095.jpg

Luckily, all the grooming items were, as described, unused. I put away the nail clipper file for later use but admittedly put the comb back in the brush-box-thing and assigned it to the junk box around.

The razor was rather neat though. Not being a big fan of small travel razors it still looked interesting and I think I might try it out sometime.
It even had that paper inside the head to show how unused it was.
I'd say it's a small travel Tech. The J4 would make it a late 1964 model.
It also has "Marcas Regs" on it that would indicate that it was made for a Spanish speaking market.
5n2g08.jpg

- A Gold Tech case w/ silver Tech

The case was a bit stained but in overall 'ok' condition
23kpxzs.jpg

Inside, was an ok looking Fat handle Tech and an unopened pack of Gillette blades - and one can always use more blades.
263k9co.jpg

Speaking of blades, the Tech came loaded with this blade that I don't think I've ever seen:
2lxxv1y.jpg

And no, I won't use it.

- And finally, a Gold Pocket Edition(?) case
(Summoning @Morman Bridge to see if these pictures helps. I assume that the lack of patent numbers on the underside of the case means it's a pocket edition and not an ABC.
Does the fact that it's gold colored mean that the ball-end razor that should be inside was gold as well at time of sale?)

4j9nic.jpg

11w9ee1.jpg

x3wdoo.jpg

Now, I don't have a matching razor so for now this setup will have to do:
20uu7pu.jpg

(It also used to contain some bright colored handkerchiefs but they got 'stolen' by a female friend who happened to see them as I opened the box.

My frenemy the mailman brought dropped off some things this morning.

1) Two very nice Stahlys.
The one in the box (left one) is near mint but the case-less one to the right is not too bad at all.
I already have one (love the head on these razors) and at least one of these are earmarked to be passed on to a friend.
Now I just need to decide which of the three that I have I want to keep for myself

First thing is shaving with each possible keeper. Then as an idea, replating the head needing it the most in either rhodium or silver might be nice to have.

Martin

Also in the mailbox: a cased Gillette Slim.
The blade case is not the correct one but I like these old 'Gold Bond' cases and I think I got a correct blade case to put in it.
The actual razor was nicer than I thought it would be - actually very nice - but it will have to give up its home as it will house my birthyear Slim :)

egd8r4.jpg

24470jo.jpg

Received what might just be a frankenrazor in every possible way.
I know that the case is a mismatch but I thought the razor itself was a four-piece Gillette journey/travel razor from the 1920's. Well...turns out that the handle doesn't seem to want to come apart at all and there are some other small differences that have me curious about what it is. The head is stamped Gillette but I wonder if he handle is Gillette original or a no-name knock off made around that time.

j0i16v.jpg

Personna Executive Injector..:p
DSC_0172_zpsxwsygyss.jpg

Another shot..:)
DSC_0173_zps1gvq1xol.jpg

And lastly..;)
DSC_0174_zps7qwrbj4h.jpg

I got this Personna Executive Injector from France today...I opened the parcel up and thought I have Dud here...I looked again and I realized that this injector was meant to have an all plastic Finnish...Is moulded out of a one piece plastic mould...The other Executive that I have here has a stainless brushed finish like any other Executive that I have seen...I reckon that that the White Moulded Plastic just might be a Proto - Type or a Factory Blank of some sort...Its a bit of a mystery for sure...It was made this way for sure but I don't reckon this was ever sold to the public...Its like New....It came with a blade in it but doesn't look as if it has been used in way shape or form... Its a strange Bird and I am over the moon with this one....May be worth a Bloody Fortune...:D
Billy

@Darkbulb
There are some differences in the handle to my travel razor I have in front of me (just been polishing it).The neck,where it screws onto the head,is curved,and the part that screws into the bottom shaft,is knurled all the way down into the recess of the bottom shaft.Apart from that,very much alike,although mine is all brass!.

1914 Hero Lather Catcher...:p
DSC_0171_zpspa1aet8o.jpg

Another shot..:)
DSC_0172_zps63epuljs.jpg

And lastly..:cool:
DSC_0173_zpsogbxlxxw.jpg

My 1914 Hero Lather Catcher arrived today...Its an NOS Job as I suspected with the original blades and cardboard box...Its Mint...It takes a modern blade no problem and the brass clasp simply slides forward to clamp it down securely ....I was in for a nice surprize here as I had pre-empted this to be a light weight...I couldn't have been more wrong as this thing is a real heavyweight as far as these types of lather catchers go...Must be about 2 0r 3 times the weight of a Gem Junior Bar...Its made of Panzer Tank Steel for sure...Another Rare Bird...o_O

Billy

Last edited:
Nice Hero, Billy. Good score on that strop, Paul.

Meanwhile "Mr 1912" gets a DE delivered! Open comb Gillette Tech (left) to join the others, like the same era safety bar (right):

IMG_2054.JPG

... for his guilty secret collection of Techs :D
That OC Tech is a great find. If I remember correctly it was rumored that the OC Tech was a direct spin-off of the Nacet OC head as that company was acquired by Gillette.
You don't see them often at all.

Back
Top Bottom