Acquisitions 1 July - 31 July, 2016

£24 well spent
UECKS3.jpg

Received a very special handle today.
It was made by Cooncat Bob (BRW) in December of 2011 and he sadly passed away less than five months later in April of 2012.
It will be treasured..and used, starting tomorrow morning.

It's a rather substantial nickel plated brass handle and here it is paired with a nickel plated head from a Merkur 1904
It might not come across so well in these pictures but it has that warm subtle 'glow' that only nickel plating brings out.

n5t011.jpg

j5jl0p.jpg

The seller also, as a surprise, included an unused Merkur 1904 nickel plated handle and a brand new EJ DE89 head (chrome).
In this picture I have it a bit Frankened up with the Merkur head on the BRW handle and the EJ head on the Merkur handle...
2mp0cpe.jpg

Received a very special handle today.
It was made by Cooncat Bob (BRW) in December of 2011 and he sadly passed away less than five months later in April of 2012.
It will be treasured..and used, starting tomorrow morning.

It's a rather substantial nickel plated brass handle and here it is paired with a nickel plated head from a Merkur 1904
It might not come across so well in these pictures but it has that warm subtle 'glow' that only nickel plating brings out.

n5t011.jpg

j5jl0p.jpg

The seller also, as a surprise, included an unused Merkur 1904 nickel plated handle and a brand new EJ DE89 head (chrome).
In this picture I have it a bit Frankened up with the Merkur head on the BRW handle and the EJ head on the Merkur handle...
2mp0cpe.jpg

I remember cooncat bob fondly. Had a few handles from him, my first ever custom orders. Was a sad day for our community when he passed away.

I remember cooncat bob fondly. Had a few handles from him, my first ever custom orders. Was a sad day for our community when he passed away.

I got into wetshaving right around the time of his passing so never had a chance to interact with him myself.
I've read tons of praise of him and his work in the forums over the years and have grown to respect and admire the man and his work.

Went to Newcastle for an overnighter with the wife. Lovely place, lovely people
She treated me to some L'occitane Cade Balm great stuff. Also went to an Antiques fair and picked up two razors in Nice condition- £7 for both.They scrubbed up well. Gem Featherweight.
The other I'm not sure. Open Comb. Similar to Gillette Ball end tech. Stamped made in England on bottom but no Gillete motif on baseplate. If there was one in top cap it has faded. Feels a little heavier than a tech. Maybe earlier model.
Any ideas ??
Also picked up a pipe rack as a new razor holder. Productive weekend
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom