Acqua di Parma Reformulation

I've just bought a JAR of the AdP shaving cream, and it appears that this has been reformulated. This might be old news, but I wasn't aware.

The first thing that struck me was the colour. My previous one was sort of yellow, where this is white.

Second is scent. Oh dear, probably the biggest loss. Still a nice scent, but a lot further from the AdP cologne than it used to be to my nose.

Third is consistency. My previous one was definitely a "croap", a bit like cella, whereas this one is softer and more cream like. Still a stiff cream, but not as it was.

Apart from that, it performs very nicely indeed, so no losses there.

Ian.

That is unfortunate.

I didn't mind spending close to £40 on a cream/soap that would last a fair while - like 8 months+. If it's like 'normal' creams now you're looking at 3 months tops.

I visit this stuff in John Lewis every few months and think about buying some. Last time I went in, I sniffed it as normal and thought urghhh. I actually thought they have removed the scent entirely it was so mild and not at all as I remembered it.
Shame

I've used this stuff for years and have always found the consistency far more of a cream - there's no way I would compare it to Cella, or expect it to last for 8 months. The scent is great but for me it doesn't warrant the premium price and is one that won't be replaced when it runs out.

There's also menthol in it now, which I don't recall in the old "yellow" version.

Lathers great, skin care is great, but if you want that old AdP scent, forget it.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom