Acca Kappa Zebra wood brush & stand

Arrowhead said:
Those Acca Kappa brushes are very pretty.

All right, let's share some info here.

Around the end of March, I came across a cosmetics shop here, nearby my office. They do happen to stock Acca Kappa products, Durance, and few other less known brands.
They had (and still have) sales on the Acca Kappa products, for some of which the discount went up to 50% (nail brushes, hand soap dish, etc. if I am not mistaken).

Last week, while back home, I noticed in one of the shaving forums one member contemplating getting one but did not know where from such a brush can be obtained.
I contacted him and then sent him some info regarding what's available in that store right now, in case he wants to buy one. So while anytime soon I may (or may not) get the ok to get the brush for him, in the meantime and as I know few others here may be interested in this, I thought it is not a bad idea to have the same info available.

Acca Kappa brushes in that store, they only have the following left:

- brush w/ stand, price £190 (reduced from £272) - this comes in a nice Acca Kappa 1869 gift box set;
- brush w/ stand and Fusion type razor, as shown in picture, price I did not check as most of us we do not use these razors.

AK.jpg

Picture taken today.

They did have another brush at end of March, very nice handle, transparent light cherry red handle, Polo 8 handle style, some kind of high quality plastic, that was about £62 at the time, pretty floppy brush though. Now this one is gone.

The feel of the brush is very good, the handle is very nice indeed, the loft is certainly above 55mm and probably close to 60mm (I did not actually measure it so can only tell from my limited experience), therefore a brush for bowl lathering. Backbone is pretty ok actually, but if one is a die-hard face latherer, he may have to skip.

They do have other Acca Kappa products on sale, EdT's, etc. as well there. There is also another stockist of Acca Kappa in the city center, so I may as well pop there tonight after work and check their stock or prices.

Back
Top Bottom