A Week with Prof's Green Ginger

Having won the draw that was kindly run by ChopperHarris and Bechet I was lucky enough to win Prof's Green Ginger. Having used only that for a week I thought I would post my experience of it.

On opening the bottle and splashing in my hand I was hit with a wonderful fragrance, very clean and fresh with the ginger undertone sharpening it up.
The initial splash to the face kicks like a mule and has a lasting burn for about 20 seconds. This kick is about 30% more intense than the Prof's leather which has no lasting sting. In comparison with Speick the Green Ginger gives a sting of about 50% more, even after a smooth clean shave. After the splash with AS I always follow up with a dollop of Prof's universal balm which to my mind is the best stuff I have ever put on my face. Wonderfully soothing and leaves my skin feeling relaxed burn free.

In reflection my skin has been really clear and blemish free and the Green ginger does agree with my skin. Apart from the "Holy mother of God that Burns" initial splash I really like the Green ginger and will continue to use it. Maybe if you could tame it down a little Martin?

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Having won the draw that was kindly run by ChopperHarris and Bechet I was lucky enough to win Prof's Green Ginger. Having used only that for a week I thought I would post my experience of it.

On opening the bottle and splashing in my hand I was hit with a wonderful fragrance, very clean and fresh with the ginger undertone sharpening it up.
The initial splash to the face kicks like a mule and has a lasting burn for about 20 seconds. This kick is about 30% more intense than the Prof's leather which has no lasting sting. In comparison with Speick the Green Ginger gives a sting of about 50% more, even after a smooth clean shave. After the splash with AS I always follow up with a dollop of Prof's universal balm which to my mind is the best stuff I have ever put on my face. Wonderfully soothing and leaves my skin feeling relaxed burn free.

In reflection my skin has been really clear and blemish free and the Green ginger does agree with my skin. Apart from the "Holy mother of God that Burns" initial splash I really like the Green ginger and will continue to use it. Maybe if you could tame it down a little Martin?

Much the same as I find it - I love the aroma, but the burn is just too powerful for me to buy some - pity, as the blue ginger I purchased doesn't burn as badly but doesn't please the old olfactory bulb anything like as much.

I have red, green and yellow, the latter in the original formulation, and they only burn on me if I've been over-zealous with the blade. I guess I'm just lucky :).

I won the Red in this draw, I've used it a few times, the scent is nice, kind of spicy, mostly cinnamon comes through to me.
It does burn, but not as much as the Tendskin I use so it's acceptable, I don't mind a bit of a sting. It has a similar effect as the Tendskin but smells much nicer.
I don't use too much at the moment as I do have sensitive skin and wanted to make sure it didn't cause any reactions. I'll use it a bit more this week and see how it goes.

I got the reformulated Red & Green Ginger ASL's, great fragrances, the Green does not sting at all, the Red however gives me a bit of a "glow" rather than an all out sting, but then quickly fades away, skin always feels great afterwards as with all of the Prof's products.
:icon_smile:

Back
Top Bottom