A thing of Beauty

There was a guy selling one of these and an Eclipse on Gumtree about a year ago for £25 each. I was a bit suspicious but I contacted him anyway but they had gone. That was in NI as well. I can still dream...

I thought about the handle and had a heart attack lol. Its possible to machine something close but it would be a nightmare and i doubt people would want to pay the amount id need to charge. The head would be "relatively" simple in comparrison

No not literally, had a heart attack thinking about the machining required to make the handle lol. Sorry
I have just had a look at the handle and it would be a pain machine and I cannot find any signs of casting marks. Also from what I can see on the head I think there was a lot of hand tool work on the whole razor. You can see this more on the base plate......... heart attack time again methinks........:p

There were debates about a new version a couple of years ago - if I remember rightly there was discussion about how difficult it would be to work with Cobalt. But, if they managed it then, why should it be so difficult now?

Back
Top Bottom