A quick hello

Hi all, picked up a starter set from SIRUSKEY from another site (AV) and all I can say is what have I been missing.
This DE shaving is luxury, and could turn out expensive.

My razors are a Gillette Tech and an adjustable, using with Derby blades at the moment but have a blade sample pack. I do need a decent brush but am unsure what would suit me. Don't want to spend over £30 but there are loads out there. Help needed, I own a terrible brush from Boots but am unsure if silvertip would be in my budget. I prefer shaving cream if that helps.

Have noticed maguires barbershop are members and are local to me so hopefully they may be able to help.

Anyway so much for the quick hello but this is very addictive. Haha

Let me be the first to welcome you to TSR. This DE shaving lark is also expensive if you develop "razor acquisition syndrome" as I did.

Cheers,

Gordon

Welcome to TSR Jason.....If you type " Fido's Shaving Blog " into your search engine it will bring his site up..

No its not a cheap hobby if you get carried away....But it is very enjoyable and this is an excellent Forum....

Thanks for the warm welcome lads.

Geordie Shaver, I'm in Great Park Gosforth. I have mailed Jonathon from Maguires and going to pop over and see some of the products he does.

Welcome Jason. :)

£30 should get you a very good badger brush. Fido's New Forest range rather set the cat amongst the pigeons when he started selling them, and as far as I know they still represent unmatched value for money. Whether you want a silvertip or a different grade of hair rather depends on how you intend to use the brush (soap or cream; face or bowl lather etc) - two-band can be very good, as can best. Plenty of information on all that in the brushes section.

Back
Top Bottom