A nice long cold drink...(non alcoholic)

Now that global warming has finally arrived I'm looking for something thirst quenching, long and cold.

Preferably still, not sickly sweet any ideas?

I've simple tastes and like Roses Lime cordial or just lemon squash! Not that I've ever made one for myself but a Citron Pressé in a French pavement café always goes down well.

Just chilled water for me during the week, boring i know. I must admit to making up for my lack of alcohol during the week by taking one or two glasses of cider at the weekend, now that does cool me down.

Milk.

Ice cold out of the fridge - sterilised is best.

Make you strong! Like Bull!

joe mcclaine said:
Milk.

:lol: Thanks Vinny you are full of it.

I think I might like Ice Tea, never tried it but I'm willing to give it a go.

Any good Ice Tea recipes? Could I use my teapot?

antdad said:
joe mcclaine said:
Milk.

:lol: Thanks Vinny you are full of it.

I think I might like Ice Tea, never tried it but I'm willing to give it a go.

Any good Ice Tea recipes? Could I use my teapot?

Ermm, I would go with the usual process, omit hot water, don’t use (make you strong like bull) add ice. Taste, spit out all over the place and grab a Stella.

I wasn't too disappointed when the Milk Snatcher withdrew compulsory rations, ours was always warming gently by the radiator.

Neither was I, mostly because I was living in a Trotskyite council's jurisdiction - so they put a halfpenny on the rates to keep the milk flowing to the schools. Happy days of being charged with delivering the right number of bottles to each class (and bell ringing duties).

My wife makes a refreshing iced tea; Tetley tea bags in the pot & coverred with boiling water. While thats mashing she bruises a handful of mint leaves. These are put into the jug & coverred with the hot tea. Give it a good stir & add honey to taste. Oh and lots of ice.

I like it with or without the honey.

Or iced tea with fresh lemon juice & honey to taste.

Let the tea mash longer than you would normally & stick an extra bag in ;)

The Apple And Elderflower juice drink you can get in most supermarkets. Forgot the company's name but it's usually next to the Tropicana. Has a green label on it.

Pour into a whisky glass. Add 2 chunks of ice. Sorted.

Back
Top Bottom