A good day for a lover of English language and culture

For Yanks, there are only two English accents. The David Niven, and the Michael Caine. Upstairs, downstairs. Anything else is unintelligible and likely to get the response, "What did he say? What language was that?" Most often in response to Glaswegian, Manchester, and Yorkshire-speak.

I just did the ↪online CPE "Reading and Use of English sample test" and it is quite demanding. So very well done, Christobal.
I am almost tempted to take the real test myself - just for fun - but it is a bit too expensive for a bit of fun. £150 or thereabouts, I believe.

I read somewhere that only 60% of the British/native speakers who did the test passed. A student who passed at grade A is a true bilingual person, who likely speaks/writes better than the average Brit.
The test is totally useless for you and the truth is that the Cambridge English (non-profit) organization makes tons of money on these exams. However, the CAE and CPE are the most recognized English language certificates in Britain, for immigration purpose for instance.

Back
Top Bottom