A frugal, perhaps miserly, SOTD

After an evening watching a film with the missus and enjoying a drink or two I sat down in front of the PC to check a few things and one of them was a look at something or other on the bay. As we all know, alcohol consumption and Buy It Now is a somewhat volatile combination and I ended up ordering a cheapo £1.79 Ninjie Razor :blush:

It arrived this morning and I thought I may as well give it a go. I thought it looked slightly better than £1.79 would suggest, especially taking into account postage and the case with mirror, but it certainly felt very light and a bit on the shoddy side.

I figured if I'm using a cheap razor then I'm using a cheap lather and a cheap blade - let's go the whole hog! I opted for Supermax Platinum and Palmolive stick. I'd bought 50 Supermax Plats and they worked out around 40p for a pack of five and the stick is 49p - not the absolute cheapest blades in my collection but this is by no means an opulent shave!

The result - pretty decent! :icon_razz:

No irritation, no nicks and quite close - especially the cheeks, moustache and chin area. I went for a 2 pass WTG/XTG shave as I certainly wasn't confident of going ATG on my neck - I have difficulty doing this with my normal set-up so I was definitely not going to force it with this.

Overall though I'm very happy with it and it's certainly useful as a travel razor that I don't mind losing. It's certainly not a razor I'd use if I wanted a perfect BBS shave and it's not pushing my EJ89 to the side anytime soon but I'm glad to have it - in fact I'm curious how it fares with a Supermax Blue Diamond and making this shave even cheaper.

I purchased this very razor some time back just for the curiosity factor. It's a pretty aggressive razor and got a darn good shave out of it. So it's not that great shakes as regards build quality and it is very light but as razors go I've used a lot worse. And for less than a pint of beer one can't really complain.

I have one too and it too was the result of drinking and ebay. I found it pretty good but a bit aggressive for my liking. One I'll use every so often "for a change of pace" as the Dodgemeister so often says

I'd agree with Denzle & NotTheStig as regards how aggressive it is. I'd always baulked at the idea of an aggressive razor as I have quite sensitive skin but after using this and finding it so agreeable then come my next birthday I may well suggest one of the more aggressive quality build razors as a suitable present.

NotTheStig said:
I have one too and it too was the result of drinking and ebay.

This made me laugh!

Back
Top Bottom