A close shave

Hi everyone,
not quite a newbie, but it took me 20yrs to return to shaving with a DE razor,
It all began when my father had a stroke recently and lost the use of his right arm, in the hospital the nurse gave him a shave and it was a bit like a visit to sweeney todd.
It fell to me to give him a proper shave and as dad has always used a traditional razor I thought id better buy one and practice on myself.
I bought a Muhle R89 and some TOBS sandalwood and used dads brush and it was the best shave I've ever had. Dads shave went well, quite close and no nicks.
I haven't looked back since and I'm totally hooked.
Any advice is gratefully received and I look forward to participating in the forum
Best regards to all
Johnny

Hi Johnny - sorry to hear about your Dad's stroke, best wishes and hope he makes a decent recovery from it.

Sounds like you've picked a nice starter kit to be going on with - it's definitely worth sticking with one set of items and getting proficient with them. Don't be surprised if it takes a few weeks or even months before you get consistent results - but it's worth hanging in there!

Cheers
Stu

What a terrible way to come back to traditional shaving. My condolences.

On a happier note, it's great that you're enjoying traditional shaving and getting to grips with shaving your Dad. It'll take a short while, but better results seem to come exponentially.

Back
Top Bottom