A change from TOBS?

Hi All,

I've used a number of different TOBS products including "Sensitive" and "Sandalwood" (although I understand that all of their products are now parabon(sp?) free, making them all suitable for sensitive skin).

Anyway, I fancy a bit of a change... and wondering if anyone else has any suggestions (for sensitive skin).

Alternatively, if you've got half used creams or soaps that you don't use, I'm happy to buy them to try them out :)

I'm going away Sunday for a while and fancy taking some new shaving products to try :)

Thanks all!
Amnesia

I've decided I needed a change from TOBS Sandalwood Cream. Had a couple of very nice samples from Trumpers - Rose cream and Almond cream. I was going to order the Rose when I decided to go for T&H instead (the black tubs would match the bathroom). My finger was hovering over the button to order T&H Rose cream when I noticed that you only get 165g for your money for that flavour, rather than the usual 190g. So... on a total whim I ordered the 1805. To cut a long story short... if I decide it stinks after it arrives, it may end up on offer here for an irresistable price!!! Keep watching the "new acquisitions" thread!

I like TOBS creams and have TOBS Eton, Lemon &Lime and Sandalwood.

For a change I ordered some Cyril Salter Cream a while ago. I find it very good if not, for me slightly better at lathering up. It's slightly more expensive than TOBS for a 200 ml pot. I went with the Vetiver, which has. A strong, smokey earth scent.

Northam Saint said:

For a change I ordered some Cyril Salter Cream a while ago. I find it very good if not, for me slightly better at lathering up. It's slightly more expensive than TOBS for a 200 ml pot. I went with the Vetiver, which has. A strong, smokey earth scent.

The Lemon and lime range was just horrid for my skin.

mattyb240 said:
Northam Saint said:

The Lemon and lime range was just horrid for my skin.

I'm ok with my skin with it. I won't be replacing it as the scent isn't quite right, very synthetic.

I like the TOBS I've tried so far, and I've got the proraso white shaving soap and balm. The soap is great and has a nice scent, I don't need a sensitive skin product but use them both anyway.

The TOBS rose I have is lovely stuff. Some have said it has a synthetic odour to the scent but it smells great to this gardener's nose.ALthough I've not tried other rose creams, this seems very good value to me.

Thanks all!

At the moment, T&H stuff is slightly out of my price range... I was going to do with Cyril Salter until I noticed TOBS Rose was on offer, I've not used that one before so though I'd give it a go!

And with the money I saved... I also got a tub of Proarso (also never tried).

Could have just got the T&H with what I've spent! Doh!

Amnesia180 said:
Thanks all!

At the moment, T&H stuff is slightly out of my price range... I was going to do with Cyril Salter until I noticed TOBS Rose was on offer, I've not used that one before so though I'd give it a go!

And with the money I saved... I also got a tub of Proarso (also never tried).

Could have just got the T&H with what I've spent! Doh!

Just think of it as two for one! I think I need to thin the heard a little bit before buying anymore.

Can not suggest anything since I ve just started using TOBS almond and I have to admitt I just want to eat this cream !!! :icon_razz: I love the scent and lather !

I think I ll buy and try the Sandalwood and Levender as well before I give proraso a try ...

i have super sensitive skin.. and i get on well with T&H's comfort shaving cream. It has a lovely subtle lavender scent.

I still tend to default to TOBS jermyn st sensitive though, as i flippin love the smell!!!

I also occasionaly use some ingram cream, which works fine for me

Back
Top Bottom