Здравейте от България!

Wasn´t the guy who ripped a lot of people off at B&B from Bulgaria? Are you often there HM? :shock: I hope you´re having a good time though, even though they don´t have much shaving stuff, the weather´s prob. better there than here. They´re big on rose scents, so you should find some scented soaps at least.

Bulgaria was the first foreign place I visited about 21 years ago on a school skiing trip. For a 8-9 year old council estate kid from Liverpool who'd never been outside the UK before to visit a country just transitioning from being a communist state was quite an experience. I remember how friendly the people were and above all how spectacular the scenery was. I'd like to visit again sometime and see how things have changed.

Yellow Jim said:
Bulgaria was the first foreign place I visited about 21 years ago on a school skiing trip. For a 8-9 year old council estate kid from Liverpool who'd never been outside the UK before to visit a country just transitioning from being a communist state was quite an experience. I remember how friendly the people were and above all how spectacular the scenery was. I'd like to visit again sometime and see how things have changed.

+1, Skied up at Pamporovo a few times, great scenery and very friendly people.

A small updatette... I'm back now from Bulgaria, but thought you'd like to know that mostly Mr Gillette has taken over, but there are still pockets of resistance at the many local Аптека (Pharmacy) - though none I wandered into had more than one brand of cream (and rarely more than one tube) - mostly Palmolive Sensitive or Nivea and considerably more expensive than the Супермаркет (Supermarkets) which were far more rewarding - I was in one on Thursday night and spent BGN14 (about EUR7/GBP6.5) on an armful of creams ranging from BGN 0.60 to BGN 1.99... Didn't find either of the two local brands I was expecting to find, but I did find plenty of others :D

I spoke to the Pharmacist at one of the Аптека about it and he said "there aren't many grandfathers around to buy this stuff" :eek: The cheeky bastard!

Oh and if you happen to go, look where you're walking around - about 80% of the drain grates are not there any more, street lighting is at a much more "dark sky" friendly level too...

Back
Top Bottom