50% off selected Comet stores

I really wish I could hear the difference, my hearing it appears is not very good. I can hear what I need to, it doesn't bother me day to day, but apparantly my tonal range is restricted.

I do have a nice set of Mission speakers, but only driven by an old Technics amp and a Marantz cd player. This is all now in my office. The lounge now has an LG home cinema set up, I have no doubt it is inferior, as it was cheap compared to my other kit, but it sounds good to me.

I have a Sony STR-DB930 Dolby Digital / DTS / Pro-Logic Receiver which I've had for a few years now. It does the job for me along with the four, Acoustic Energy Aegis Two Floorstanding Speakers and Aegis Centre. I've had Dual Turntables and various Technics it in the past. But I do like this Amp/Speaker set up. I have all my music on MP3 now, and have the Mac Mini connected up for music.

NotTheStig said:
I'm not an expert but I know a little. Have been tempted by Arcam because I like the fact it is (was?) made in Britain. So many people argue what's good and what isn't and the snobbery put me off. But if I had the cash to spare I would ignore all the reviews, listen to a few setups (might as well buy a complete system so everything sounds right together) then put the order in for the best price I could. I know Linn and Cyrus is serious stuff; hadn't heard of Creek (told you I was no expert).

Feel free to rattle on - seems we have a few shared interests!

i bought an arcam set up about 11 years ago. alpha 10 amps 8 radio and 7se cd player along with ruark prologue speakers. its still going strong now although the cd player can be a bit temperamental and reject cd's but i find blowing through the open door usually cures it.
it has a lovely sound to it.

Back
Top Bottom