image.jpeg I'd always heard good reports from other shavers about this scent. I picked up a small 25ml bottle in Boots today. Great scent. And Boots have the whole 4711 range with money off at the moment. I'll definetly be getting the bigger bottle. Pictured to show you the size next to the Plisson.

Last edited:
If you can track it down, the 4711 Portugal is even better. Only available in Asia and directly from 4711 in Germany, but they don't ship to the UK..
Farina Gegenuber is even better than either one of those. I find it pretty funny that 4711 is a two hundred year old knockoff of a three hundred year old cologne. 4711 used to be called Farina as well. :)

I've tried both, and the Farina edges it out in the scent. 4711 has a synthetic note in it that Farina doesn't have. That being said, both use synthetic aromas, but Farina doesn't have a synthetic smell. Both smell similar to each other. 4711 is a hell of a lot easier to find though. I honestly wouldn't have ever gone out of my way to track down Farina (and not the Roger & Gallet stuff either) if it hadn't been the oldest and original "Eau de Cologne." Now that I've tried it, I'll always keep some in the shave den.
125mlnaturalspraymv.png

That's one of the best put-downs I've read in a long time. Authoritative and original - hard to beat.

Edit. I have 4711 in both the EdC and aftershave for some time - it's a summer only one for me - and even then only when I'm trying to get in touch with my feminine side.

Rob, maybe not pack that for your visit to Chicago.

Marty
My packing list begins with boots that can withstand sub zero temperatures - I'm sure you have plans to drag me around your famous fishing sinker markets. And of course I shall give some thought as to whatever goodies may be more readily available here than there. You may have to give me a few hints.

Back
Top Bottom