4711 Eau de Cologne

Just found this product on the carbolic website from the other post.

Been reading about it, and want to get some.

Any of you chaps use this cologne?

Agree with NTS is probably more for the summer but for the price really good. I also use the A/S as again it's reasonably priced and I like to 'layer' the A/S and EdC.

A big selling point for me is that the bottles and labels look great.

Dandy Highwayman said:
Lovely stuff. A real classic, but it only lasts for about 1/2 hour absolute maximum on my skin.

Again on the advise of my learned and sophisticated European brothers, I again ventured to try a new fragrance. Came today in the post. Tried a spritz in car... Not bad, car still smells good but agree that on skin seems to fade. Need more outings with it to make a full determination!

I love the stuff. In the 60's my Nan took me on coaches a lot. She and almost every old or pregnant woman used it often as a spritz. I'm glad it isn't very durable - it is very fit for use as a spritz. If you can get into Krautrock too, a trip to Cologne can be very rewarding.
love'n'joy
Lloyd

lloydedwards said:
I love the stuff. In the 60's my Nan took me on coaches a lot. She and almost every old or pregnant woman used it often as a spritz. I'm glad it isn't very durable - it is very fit for use as a spritz. If you can get into Krautrock too, a trip to Cologne can be very rewarding.
love'n'joy
Lloyd

I remember my nan in the 70's always had some. Both my Nan and Dad swore it helped relieve headaches. The Ice version is also nice stuff, but again it doesn't last long enough for my liking.

There is a headache "stick" sold at the moment - same principle as 4711. I'm convinced it was originally a scented alcohol, used for the alcohol, not an alcohol based perfume, as it is mainly used today. More smelly would change it totally, for the worse, in the same way that I don't want wetwipes steeped in Brut!
love'n'joy
Lloyd

Back
Top Bottom