3 long cuts

I was having my Sunday morning shave I was using a shavette. I was a bit tired after a heavy work schedule and managed to cut my self 3 times 1 on the cheek and 2 on the chin side by side all 3 cuts were at least 1cm long with a small flap of skin hanging off each one. I did not feel a thing. Its not the end of the world and they sound worse then they are. I was just a bit shooked at first because I do get the odd cut now and again but not this many or size.

So spill the beans whats the worst cut you chaps have managed with a straight?

hope you ok :shock: first time a used my dovo shavette witha feather in it.it was very nast huge cut and a missing bit of skin bout an inch long and half a cm wide my mrs turned chalk white lol but am no bad with it now shaving with no cuts i think that cut made me slow dwn and take my time but wat a cut i got lol

Maybe nine months or so ago I gave myself a nice big cut on the cheek. Not really sure what happened but midway through a stroke I just stuck the razor into my face, the next day I done the same thing, same angle, about 1mm below. You can still make out two very faint parallel lines on my cheek. I'd been using straights for a while and not really had anything beyond a nick before or after that I can recall. Felt like a right twat though.

Big.Dave said:
I was having my Sunday morning shave I was using a shavette. I was a bit tired after a heavy work schedule and managed to cut my self 3 times 1 on the cheek and 2 on the chin side by side all 3 cuts were at least 1cm long with a small flap of skin hanging off each one. I did not feel a thing. Its not the end of the world and they sound worse then they are. I was just a bit shooked at first because I do get the odd cut now and again but not this many or size.

Holy crap that sounds pretty bad .Perhaps I'll hold off on the straight razors for now !

Shaving my head and on the once-over that's when I cut myself. Strangely that's only time I actually cut myself and not during the shaving-it's the quick once over. Funny isn't it?

Damian Murphy said:
Big.Dave said:

Holy crap that sounds pretty bad .Perhaps I'll hold off on the straight razors for now !

Come now it's not that bad. Do note that Dave said he was "tired after a heavy work schedule..."

I've used my straight for the third time this evening - and it terrifies me :shock:

In time I'll get the hang of it, and become complacent - thats what I'm really worried about!

I hope I'm not tempting fate but so far I've not had any deep cuts. A couple of 4mm-12mm lines but very light ones and I've done worse with a DE.

While swapping hands I got the position of my thumb wrong and manged grip the heel cutting into the tip of my thumb like butter, I hardly felt it and it healed easily.

Gd200 when i tried to be smart and shave very fast like that german guy, about one minute for me. Could have got away with it, if id only used a decent straight, anyway.

P120610_17.jpg

Big Dave's experience is not a nice one, but bear in mind that he was using a Shavette, and not a traditional straight. Shavettes use DE blades, which are generally sharper than a well honed/stropped straight, so hence the "didn't feel a thing" and "flaps".

I did manage, during my brief encounter with straights, to draw a red line about 3/4 of an inch long just in front of the right ear. It wasn't a deep cut, more like a scratch, but I had that red line for a few days after, and it did scare me.

Ian

About a 30mm long slice into my shoulder

yep you read that right. I hate things buzzing near my ears, really hate it. I was happily shaving and a fly got to close to my ear, making me jump. Unfortunately I completely forgot I was holding a razor at the time ...

All I can say is thank goodness for steri-strips, I'd hate to have had to go to A&E and explain that one

Back
Top Bottom