25 year old from Gloucestershire, first time DE razor user.

Thanks all. My Mitchell's wool fat soap turned up today and I've just had a practise with it. One word; easy! It lathered so well I can't believe that some people have been struggling with it and I'm a complete notive. I followed a guide on shaving101. Put a bit of warm water on top of the puck, soak brush etc, take brush out of water and give 1 shake so that there's still water in brush, swirl on puck for 30-40 seconds so that it's really loaded and then swirl on face. My lather was instant and I have very very hard water. What's all the fuss about regarding this soap? Lol. It felt really nice on my face too.

Also, what do people with wet soap dishes and overflowing pre-lather? Just wipe clean with some tissue? What about leftover water and pre-lather in the soap dish?

Welcome to the MWF fan club - classic stuff. After reading some of the reported problems lathering it I had the same experience as you the first time I tried it and it's been my regular soap ever since.

What to do with the wet soap and surplus lather dish depends how long you intend to leave the soap until next use and personal preference. Some rinse off the cake after use, I tend to just drain off the excess and put the lid on.

Regards,
Chris

Welcome Prohibit.

I've had a puck of MWF for nearly two years now and when I'm finished shaving I just run the dish under the tap, tip the excess and plonk the lid back on. I don't use it every day as there are others I prefer and for a week or three it'll sit there untouched but no problems so far.

Back
Top Bottom