2 new Simpson brushes

Hi all, so while I am away on the Isle of Man I thought I would contact Mark at Simpson's to see if I could come and pick up a brush or two. However due to it being TT week over here they were closed for the week. Mark however very kindly offered to pop over and open up for me. So after a tour of the factory which was very interesting indeed and with him told my budget he found me two brushes:
DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

So I got a Duke 2 in best in the Imitation Ivory handle, with a knot of 22mm and a loft of 49mm and a Simfix Snaefell but in a white handle with Manchurian badger knot of 26mm and a loft of 55mm.

I think both look great, the ivory one looks especially nice. Strangely the Duke 2 seems heavier than the Snaefell, but the Snaefell is just huge!

All that is left is to say thank you so much to Mark for taking the time to show me and my wife around and helping me to choose 2 great brushes!
Now to get back to the mainland to try them out!!!! Oh and I guess I should shove a TT picture in here as well....
DSC_0056.JPG

monkeytennis said:
It's was extremely interesting. Was great to hear the history of the equipment and techniques and the people.

Presumably, as the factory was closed, you didn't actually get to see the brushes being made?

TT or shaving brushes well erm back in the day just after the stone age I think it was I did a lap in TT practice loved it never stopped being a biker just got older now to old not really but TT week how you miss that little detail nice brushes real manx hair thats why the cats dont ave tails you know

Lovely brushes. I have a similar one to your Duke, mine has a different knot in.

Also it must be great to have a tour of the factory.

Just tried the simfix. Amazing bowl lathering with trufitt and hill. Loads of lather and a lovely soft brush in use. I may however need a bigger shaving bowl....

Back
Top Bottom