2 Months in and what a journey

Ratty said:
Hairsuite said:
Welcome Ratty, the Progress is the only modern adjustable I own (I do own a Super Adjustable Black Beauty which is modern, it is the same age as me!)

The Progress gives an absolutely cracking shave. I am sure you will soon be BBS shaving every day!

Enjoy your shaves, RAD does not last forever, I am past it after 5 months of buying every razor I saw. Unfortunately the BAD has kicked in..............

Regards,

Cyril

Thanks Cyril, Now that's an interesting point about BAD as I have just ordered a Richmond 30mm knot Silvertip - its massive! If it becomes my fave brush of choice - and I hope it does - are there any tips you guys have with regards to containers for brushes when you want to travel with them? This isn't a travel brush so doesn't come with a cover or case and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also Cyril, on the Progress, has anyone got any experience of the modded ones that can be obtained now? I think the hybrids are called Mergress razors, other than getting rid of the plastic knob does it really add any better functionality to the razor?

Cheers

Ratty

Ratty, PM me your address and I will send you a tube for your brush. If you could send me some measurements it would help. I have access to one or two tubes.

As for Progress, I have a standard short handled Progress, the plastic knob is not the best aesthetically but it is functional. Some of the progress do not line up (with blade fitted and tightened down the numbers do not line up) but that can be fixed.

http://www.leesrazors.com/products/Mergress-Adjustable-Safety-Razor.html

My understanding is that the Mergress is simply a replacement lower portion (the plastic knob, number portion and the threaded portion which engages with the top plate) and is replaced with a machined metal knob, numbered portion and the threaded portion.

The replaced portion is simply held in with a spring washer, there was a thread on another forum about the possibility of the maker providing the modified portion for retro fitting by owners but this does not appear to be available.

I would like to have my Progress modified eventually, but think you have to buy a razor that has been modified (£75 plus delivery). The short handled version are currently not available. They do look very very nice.

One day :)

Brianpilman said:
Welcome along from just over the border in wrexham

Hi there Brian, thanks for the hello :) I was in the Hill House Pharmacy in Chester near the Fountains Roundabout and they have Palmolive shaving cream tubes (100g) for only £1.90 each! As creams are one of the cheaper things to experiment with in DE shaving its the thing I've been trying and varying most. But £1.90! I only wish all brands were this price!

Cheers

Ratty

Brianpilman said:
They have a couple of bits in the tobacconists on watergate street.

Brian, they certainly do and I had never realised - other than going in there to buy a Christmas Day cigar. They say its relatively new venture for them but they're 2 tubs lighter now - Vulfix Persian Musk and Dr Harris Arlington.

Thanks for the tip

Ratty

Back
Top Bottom