2 Beast Mode Frags

Miles853 said:
I've always wanted to holiday in Devon. Just the drive from Scotland that's been stopping me.

Dont let it stop you, last two holidays we first went to dartmoor (camped near Tavistock), the next summer to exmoor (camped near Lynton).
'only' a 5 hour drive for us, but well worth it! resign to the fact you travel a day there and back and make a mini road trip out of it. It's a beautiful part of the country!!

Dartmoor, near Bellever Tor
2evuiiq.jpg

Exmoor, near Lynton
mjpo4z.jpg

AlexNoodles said:
Miles853 said:
I've always wanted to holiday in Devon. Just the drive from Scotland that's been stopping me.

Dont let it stop you, last two holidays we first went to dartmoor (camped near Tavistock), the next summer to exmoor (camped near Lynton).
'only' a 5 hour drive for us, but well worth it! resign to the fact you travel a day there and back and make a mini road trip out of it. It's a beautiful part of the country!!

It is a lovely area. It's the drive that does for me. I hate it with a passion. That may be related to having an ex there that I used to visit every weekend. Once took me 7 hours to get to where she was from Nottingham. Bloody M5 gets closed for the weirdest reasons. I can be in Glasgow in 4 hours.

Bryan has all of Scotland a lot closer, though. Just as beautiful, though I must admit that the weather in the south is a bit more predicatable.

Um, off-topic you say? Benjamins Bay Rum for me today. There, that's better. I do need to find a few big fragrances for summer. Mine all seem a bit wintery.

Let me know when you find a Big Coconut smell...I was thinking of asking here for that very thing this morning but I already ask too many questions.

Bellever is about twenty minutes from here. A bit of a Honey pot for visitors. Not as bad as Haytor though. There are places on Dartmoor where you'll almost be guaranteed not to see a soul. In fact you only have to walk a couple hundred yards from ANY car park and you'll likely be on your own.

We spent 10 days just walking around going from POI to POI when we were there (hey, that looks nice! Hey, that looks like a sphinx!), absolute magic!
(tempted to pop down for a few days now, lol!)
Thats what I tried to explain to a friend: park car, get on footpath, walk 100 odd yards, the roads vanish and it's like you stepped back 1000 years in time!

diptyque philosikos: ok ish, but expensive
Gwen Stefani Harajuku Lovers G Eau de Toilette for Her: very nice imo, cheaper then above (just checked bought this in 2013 for the better half, not much left and will have to restock!)

Miles853 said:
Life's too short Stan. Go for it.

It's turned up today....Eau Sauvage EDP Parfum. £47.50 from a small seller on Ebay. Wrapped in cellophane and looks fine and sent 'signed for' post. Certainly not remotely like the original ES cologne as I used to remember it, that was citrus lemon all the way. I'm useless at describing scents but it's quite delightful and def. a keeper and I rather suspect falls into the BIG smell category in terms of impact. Worth checking out in the big stores to have a sniff. The Mrs. thinks that the Fragrantica and Basenotes reviews for this are remarkably accurate...I just smile sweetly and agree. But it ain't 'alf nice mum. Seems a good price for the Parfum version compared to some other sellers. EDT is def. cheaper. I wonder how the EDT has changed from years ago...is it still citrus??

Managed to bag a new but unboxed 100ml Guerlain Vetiver EDT on Ebay for £21.10p (plus P and P)...that extra 10p on the snipe made all the difference it seems as someone else bid £21.00 earlier than I did but I still won the sale.

Check out Boucheron Jaipur Homme EDT.. lovely stuff and relatively cheap too at circa £28 for 100ml.

jb74 said:
Check out Boucheron Jaipur Homme EDT.. lovely stuff and relatively cheap too at circa £28 for 100ml.

I saw the EDP somewhere for less than £34...presumably the P will be longer lasting than the T ?

No idea Kevin, but that's the general consensus with EDPs.

It's lovely stuff, I had a bottle arrive today. Have a look on Youtube, there may be a review.

Back
Top Bottom