1st straight

well i just orderd my 1st stright a feather rg in midnight wood and a pack of pro guard till i learn to use it properly lets just hope i take to it well as it wernt a cheap razor but i gess its just like a good electric razor u get what you pay for and at the end of the day you only get one face and if u dont want it looking haggerd in your later years its best to look after yourself

jeppo said:
well i just orderd my 1st stright a feather rg in midnight wood and a pack of pro guard till i learn to use it properly lets just hope i take to it well as it wernt a cheap razor but i gess its just like a good electric razor u get what you pay for and at the end of the day you only get one face and if u dont want it looking haggerd in your later years its best to look after yourself

should have bought a vintage straight from strop shops neil as its far more forgiving than a shavette. :icon_eek:

i wil be going easy this is why i got the guarded blades so i can have a lil more confidence in the blade as iv never used or evan held a stright before iv started lernign about lather a bit and am using palmolive cream and soap at the min as i wanted to get away from the tined stuff and tri take it all back to a more tradittional route for a healther less chemical filled shave as i do tend to be sore under my chin

I'm thinking seriously about getting that razor, please let me know how the shave went, where did you get it from,? and what's this pro guard, could you leave a link so I can have a Gander.

Jamie

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Feather-Midnight-Wood-Artist-Club-RG.html

pro guard are also on ther. ther a blade with a wire mesh round to make them safer so good for me to help me feel safe while i learn

Good luck and take it steady, I've not tried a Feather Artist Club but, given Feather's reputation, I suspect that it would be sharper than a true straight so more likely to bight you if you make a mistake.

In other words if it doesn't go well don't assume that a proper straight would be harder, quite often these replaceable blade straights are more suited to experienced hands.

Good luck Jeppo and let us know how you get on. I too feel it might be easier (and cheaper!) to go for a traditional straight that has been properly honed. I would hate for you to be put off by the Feather. I know it's getting a tad monotonous but I would head Neil Miller's way if and when you go for it.

i like the idea of desposable blades not to mention the proguard blades as i dont rele have time to strop on moring ther is just sumthing about he feather that too me so i got one haha

I don't know about not having time for stropping, it's hardly a long drawn out business. And you can do it whilst your whiskers are softening under a layer of lather. Anyway, all the best with your new razor: you've obviously taken a shine to it.

i think ones i am used ot using a stright im guna start restoring a few vintage blades etc maby start a colection but yeh the feather did take my heart the first time i seen one

Back
Top Bottom