1st straight razor

I have been using a shavette since Xmas and want to make the jump and get my 1st straight razor. Looking for something decent since I have already caught the bug . Any help b appreciated just a bit daunting all the choice and knowing much about them. I have read the guide which was big help

Well, you could PM Neil Miller and be sure you get a very good razor. Depending on budget and if you want a vintage or new razor, it's hard to give any solid advice ...

I've got several for sale all shave ready - I'll send you some details by pm later when I'm home and also give you some advice on pros and cons.

Thanks for the help. I think I am going to go down the route of vintage. Since I know I like to shave this way I want to get something more premium just not sure if I should stick with the recommended 5/8 blade.

invisible_kid said:
Thanks for the help. I think I am going to go down the route of vintage. Since I know I like to shave this way I want to get something more premium just not sure if I should stick with the recommended 5/8 blade.

It's only a recommendation. In practice a sixteenth either way makes little or no difference, so 11/16, 5/8 and 9/16 are suitable.

I started with a 6/8, a lot of people start with a 4/8.

Try measuring the width of a table knife blade, then see how you get on pretending to shave under your nose with it - that might help make your mind up!

Regards,
Neil

Back
Top Bottom