Want to buy 1963 DE Razor

Evening All,
I'm looking for a very special gift for someone.
I'm after a very good condition 1963 DE Razor.
Something that is in good working order and that can be used on a regular basis.
I've no idea where to start looking, or even what I should be looking for in ebay listings.
If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be forever grateful.

Many Thanks,
Emma

Evening All,
I'm looking for a very special gift for someone.
I'm after a very good condition 1963 DE Razor.
Something that is in good working order and that can be used on a regular basis.
I've no idea where to start looking, or even what I should be looking for in ebay listings.
If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be forever grateful.

Many Thanks,
Emma
If you want a Gillette, search on eBay for a I1, 2, 3 or 4, depending on which quarter of the year the person was born in, e.g. "Gillette Slim I3".

Last edited:
Hi Emma,

You got some good advice on what to look for in your other thread and you wanna make sure the razor can be returned if not right. People not familiar with shaving crap don't know what to check for. Also, a case is a nice option if available and really doesn't need to be the right year.

Sadly, I don't have a 63 Slim right now. Heh, there's an H and J and K and M but no I. If you decide on a non birth year razor let me know.....the price will be right. Actually, the cased J isn't for sale unless it's crazy money since it's never been used and is in mint condition. The others will be very reasonable and maybe I can find a case somewhere.

Otherwise, if you purchase one from ebay, maybe have it sent to a member first to actually use to make sure it's ok.

Let me know if I can help with any other razors. In Chicago they were so common that for years fishermen would attach used DEs to their line as a 'sinker'. There was a basket of em for free in all the bait shops and you would just take a few on your way out.

Martin

Em,

Gillette made 3 razors in 1963.
1. 3 piece tech.
2. Flare tip Superspeed.
3. Slim Adjustable.

Underneath the baseplate it will have the letter I on the left hand side ( which indicates 1963 ) & either 1,2,3 or 4 on the right hand side. ( Which indicates 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th quarter. ) This way, you can narrow the date down to 3 months. I'd go for the Slim Adjustable. We are talking cool. James Bond (Sean Connery) can be seen using one in Goldfinger. I was born in 1962 & I have one that is H3 & this is my birth quarter razor. Good luck with your search. Someone on here will come up trumps & see you right.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jeremy.

Edit: There's a replated 1963 Slim for sale on another forum. PM me for details if interested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom