11nd April to 17rd April 2020

Date:- 15 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Ravish
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Wizamet Super Iridium #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Wednesday 15th April
Alpha Outlaw - Lea Classic Cream - Ever Ready Streamline - Gem SSC #10 - Alcolado Glacial A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
taw6wKE.jpg

Wednesday

TOBS Cedarwood cream
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Merkur ‘1904'
Personna Med Prep (5)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Italian Citrus after shave

After yesterday's shave with the Rockwell 6C, I wasn't overly bristly; so two smooth and comfortable passes with the Merkur has left me soft enough for today, safe in the knowledge that a three pass shave is on the cards tomorrow.

4FDC180E-C46E-45B3-B722-3C5D5BBF2CE4.jpeg

Wednesday's Shave

The Maiden Vogue with the Blackbird. First impressions of the Blackbird are very good , played with the angle a bit and the result was a lovely smooth and close shave, love the feel of the handle too.

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Polsilver Lodz (2)
Soap: Mdc Fougere
Brush: Shavemac 24mm Synthetic
A/S: Quorum
Balm: Bart's Unscented
EDT: Vintage Obsession

20200414_233507 2.jpg

15/04/20
Pre: Sainsbury's/1912 Frankensoap, Bergamot, Nectarine & Citrus Musk
Brush: Yaqi Silver Wolf Mysterious 24mm
Soap: 1912 Irish Fern
Razor: GEM MicroMatic Clog Pruf
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, EO Infused Astringent
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK One

Wk16 (3)a.jpg
My Maiden shave with the MicroMatic Clog-Pruf which was kindly PIF'd to me by a very generous Stephen @Scotshave, thank you very much . I have always fancied one, however, they are seldom seen up for grabs - anywhere.
I used the Frankensoap pre-shave and its quite nice, hints of both soaps in the mix.
A fantastic lather, very slick and creamy with a lovely sheen on it, painted over the pre shave layer, i had a great face covering for the shave.
I really enjoy using these types of razors including the 1912 variations, they teach you about angle and pressure like no other, in fact, i think i get on with most new razors quickly because of the techniques learned by using these vintage ladies.
The shave angle was found quickly, the razor letting me know its doing its job, using very light adjustments during the shave to find the best angle for me.
3 Passes WTG, XTG & ATG leaving me BBS, mind you i know its been a close shave and was expecting the Alum to sing, thankfully not too much and it calmed quickly.
My normal post shave routine with the Barts Balm really settling things down.
I am BBS, Feeling and Smelling Good.
Stay Safe and enjoy your Day All.

15/04/20
Pre: Sainsbury's/1912 Frankensoap, Bergamot, Nectarine & Citrus Musk
Brush: Yaqi Silver Wolf Mysterious 24mm
Soap: 1912 Irish Fern
Razor: GEM MicroMatic Clog Pruf
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, EO Infused Astringent
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK One

View attachment 53539
My Maiden shave with the MicroMatic Clog-Pruf which was kindly PIF'd to me by a very generous Stephen @Scotshave, thank you very much . I have always fancied one, however, they are seldom seen up for grabs - anywhere.
I used the Frankensoap pre-shave and its quite nice, hints of both soaps in the mix.
A fantastic lather, very slick and creamy with a lovely sheen on it, painted over the pre shave layer, i had a great face covering for the shave.
I really enjoy using these types of razors including the 1912 variations, they teach you about angle and pressure like no other, in fact, i think i get on with most new razors quickly because of the techniques learned by using these vintage ladies.
The shave angle was found quickly, the razor letting me know its doing its job, using very light adjustments during the shave to find the best angle for me.
3 Passes WTG, XTG & ATG leaving me BBS, mind you i know its been a close shave and was expecting the Alum to sing, thankfully not too much and it calmed quickly.
My normal post shave routine with the Barts Balm really settling things down.
I am BBS, Feeling and Smelling Good.
Stay Safe and enjoy your Day All.
Glad you're enjoying the Clog-Pruf, Tony.

Kindest regards,

S.

Wed 15th April

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggards 2band
Williams Mug soap
Supply V1 + V2 No3 plate
Schick S/S-Japan [ 4 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

I have not used this for 4 months now, as I honestly find it too mild. Shaves very smoothly and after a bit of extra buffing get a decent finish, but achieve closer Shaves in less time with many of my best Vintage Injectors.

IMG_0683.jpg

Back
Top Bottom