100 x Voskhod for £6.88 ! Surely Not??

I'm still not sure I haven't been a bit rash :) but ordered the above noted from unuta77. I can't believe you can buy 100, apparently half decent, blades for £6.88...from Russia!! ...and that it includes postage too.

But I paid via PP and had the dollar thingys automatically converted by them so it looks as though that's the price.

Haven't got them yet...so maybe eggs, counting, hatched etc.

But having just joined the site here I see that you regulars use this supplier - and so I feel a bit reassured.

Is there honestly no catch?

To date I've acquired a (ridiculously over proportioned) stock of Gillette 7 o/c and Rubie, Polsilver, Wilk.Swrd, Astra, Personna blades from various sources (inc the USA)...but they now look distinctly overpriced compared to the Voskhod.

Someone put me straight please.

One blade I have resisted is the Feather. I think I can get 50 for about £9 on Ebay but have resisted given that, as well as the R89, I have an R41 plus a Braveheart plus a Progress onit's way. So am thinking that the Feather might be a step too far??

Observations would be gratefully rcvd.

Thanks. I think you're sort of saying with the R41 and Braveheart I could finish up looking like my illustration (is the proper word 'Avatar' ? Sounds a bit too Star-Wars for me :)

Unuta77 is a good seller on ebay, I've had previous orders from him.
I had 200 Rapira Swedish delivered last month for £10.68. The Russian currency is down and that's why prices are so cheap.
The delivery can be slow but you'll get the blades, anything up to a month is normal.
Feathers are good with milder razors as has been mentioned, I like them with a Tech or Bluetip Superspeed.

Can recommend Unuta77, recent order of 400 Swedish for about £20. First order took about a month to arrive last order was less than that.

Postage for 100 is nearly as much as the blades, but the more you buy the better the saving.

I've not had any experience if he will combine postage on different types of blades in one order.

Not long received 200 Swedish and I still have about 60 Voskhods, so will resist this offer. Thanks for pointing it out though.
Feathers are a great blade that, for me, work best in mild and aggressive razors.

I can highly recommend unuta77 as a seller. As noted above, given the collapse in the rouble, the prevailing prices for Rapira, Voskhod, Sputnik etc. are particularly attractive.

In respect of Feather blades, I am in the 'love them' camp. I find they give of their best on the 2nd / 3rd shave, although they are quite 'unforgiving'. At the moment though, pound for pound, the Rapira Swedish Supersteels are hard to beat...

Last edited:
Not a fan of Feathers at all but can highly recommend Andrey (Unuta77). Great seller that has never let me down and as others have said, the super low prices are due to the falling rouble. Rapiras on the other hand, especially the Swedish and Pinks, are fantastic blades.

gazza said:
Depends how patient you're prepared to be.

The Russian postal system is atrocious, but that's not Andreys fault.

Thanks for advice from all.

I'm prepared to be patient at £6.88 for 100 blades delivered to my door :)

Especially if they're half decent in quality. It's not as though I'll run out anytime soon, given my fondness to order stuff recommended by you folk.

Have just this minute had the 'Merkur Progress' drop through the door....so am keen to give it a go. It came with a Merkur blade - so I guess I'll use it. Would be rude not to.

DevonStan said:
Have just this minute had the 'Merkur Progress' drop through the door....so am keen to give it a go. It came with a Merkur blade - so I guess I'll use it. Would be rude not to.

If I were you I'd be rude and not use the Merkur blade, they're one of the worst ones I've tried. If you do use it then be prepared to be underwhelmed but know that it can only get better.

Shave on...

Thanks to the Blade PIF I now tried all the brands from MOSTOCHLEGMASH and frankly to my face they all feel the same apart from the Voshkod that always last a wee longer. Good blades but the Personna Labs/meds gives me better and longer lasting shave. BTW I only tried all the brands in the 37c and Pearl OC so can't testify how they work in other DE razors.

I was especially taken by the two previous posts. I did use the Merkur blade that came withe Progress (having not seen the recommendation NOT to) and have just posted elsewhere that I was having trouble differentiating between any of the six makes of blade I've acquired (Wilkinson Swords, Astra SPs, Gillette 7 o/c Yellows, Gillette Rubies, Polsilvers, Personna SS DEs, and have recently ordered 100 Voskhods from Russia) and that the different combination of blades, razors, soaps etc. made it hard to draw conclusions.

But it has to said, the Merkur blade, along with setting 1.5 on the Progress, feels stunningly good a half an hour afterwards and having had time to sit here and stroke my ugly face. So, as is suggested, if it feels good with a Merkur blade...things can only get better!

Dear all,

Due to eBay/PayPal issues nothing untoward I hasten to add. Would anyone be able to order 200 Voskhods for me from Unuta77 and I'll BT them the money. I am in the UK and have purchased a few items on here.

Regards

Ben

Voskhods arrived today. 20 days from start to finish. Well packaged. No issues with Royal Mail. Very happy at the moment (haven't used one yet but a confident they'll be fine).

Back
Top Bottom