100% Pure Haryali Badger Hair - would I prefer Synthetic?

100% Pure Haryali Badger Hair - would I prefer Synthetic?
I am using a 100% Pure Haryali Badger Hair Shaving Brush and I have sensitive skin, this brush has some prickly hairs in it.
I would like to consider something else maybe a Muhle 33K252 Synthetic Silvertip Fibre Shaving Brush with Faux Horn Handle, I am assuming that all the hair in this brush are the same - no prickly hairs. Other Synthetic brushes I could consider?

I started out with a Haryali "pure" badger, they are very prickly and irritating. I went for a Muhle 33K252 as my next brush which was far softer and kinder on the skin, as a bonus it also requires less product to make a fantastic lather and dries within 30 minutes of being used. I've since upgraded to a Simpsons Duke 3 in "best badger", its far denser than the Muhle and uses a lot more product but feels extremely luxurious in a manner the Muhle never quite managed.

I daresay modern synths are the thinking mans brush of choice considering their price to performance ratio which is (IMO) unequalled.

Pure badger knots are often scritchy, especially when the tips are clipped to form the shape.

However pure badger is at the bottom of the pile (I like a good pure badger knot, but hate a bad one), so just because your badger is prickly don't discount badger full stop.

Check out some other grades, best, finest, super, silvertip, manchurian, and the rest....

Simpson Berkeley 46 in Best Badger is a cracking brush IMO for the money and will be miles better than your current brush

Pure badger knots are often scritchy, especially when the tips are clipped to form the shape.

However pure badger is at the bottom of the pile (I like a good pure badger knot, but hate a bad one), so just because your badger is prickly don't discount badger full stop.

Check out some other grades, best, finest, super, silvertip, manchurian, and the rest....

Simpson Berkeley 46 in Best Badger is a cracking brush IMO for the money and will be miles better than your current brush
What is the make up of the boar and bristle brush you sell?

Back
Top Bottom