100 Astra Platinum blades - 8 quid on Amazon

Thanks order placed, just remember to watch the postage charges it defaults to First class and adds postage on if your not careful.

Here's the link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Superior-Platinum-Double-Safety-Blades/dp/B00583898O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319458583&sr=8-1

Northam Saint said:
Thanks order placed, just remember to watch the postage charges it defaults to First class and adds postage on if your not careful.

Here's the link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Superior-Platinum-Double-Safety-Blades/dp/B00583898O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319458583&sr=8-1

Astras are my favourite blade and have been for quite a while these have been knocking about for a long time on amazon i purchased 100 back in july and i was very disappointed with the quality leaving my face sore and rough old stock i 'm not sure but think first before you buy.I would't pass them on to anybody. i've since got another supply from bestshave in Turkey and they seem a completely different blade back to been smooth and sharp .My advice is wait a bit longer for delivery and get em from Turkey.

The storefront has both Astra Greens and Blues.

I've only ever tried 1 Astra Green (got 2 in a trade, still have one to try) and liked it, but not sure if I'm ready for a bulk buy as I'm still sampling. Never tried the Blue.

But it seems a really good deal, too good to pass up?

Anyone tried both Green and Blue?

I recently used a Green in my Futur . It did give a very nice shave. Two passes set on 2-2.5 and it was a very smooth, passable shave.

You talked me into it!! With a bowl of Taylor sandalwood soap it got free shipping. Let you know how they are in 5 to 8 days!
The paper blade wrapping in the photo looked exactly like the one that I had just used, so I so have a kind good feeling about the purchase. Maybe?

I've bought some too. Surely if they are fake we get the full power of Amazon's customer service behind us (which has been excellent in my experience).

Hope so! I've not had any experience of it yet. I've heard that sometimes the fakes can be quite good quality to use (thinking of what I heard about the fake Iridiums).
I'm not trying to stir anything by the way - I've not tried them and I've not heard anything to doubt these blades except what Press said above.

To PavlovsDog: I tried the blue first and used them for a few weeks before trying the green. The blue are sharp and smooth but tend to wear out quicker. The greens also feel smoother when they are blunt. Either is good for me - in my top five blades.

Ok! You have raised my level of paranoia to a level where I just emailed Amazon and asked them for info on their offer. Let's see what I get back! Yes, asked I'd they were authentic and how they checked on their vendor.

Amazon responded with the following:

'Hello,

I understand that you want to know if we check our items before posting it for sale. I've checked and we do thoroughly inspect our items that are being sold.

We're constantly working to improve and expand the information on each item's product detail page. If you buy an item and discover it's not what you expected, you can return it for a refund (www.amazon.com/returns).

Our inventory is stored in multiple fulfillment centers, and we don't know ahead of time which fulfillment center your order will ship from. Our Customer Service centers are separate from our fulfillment centers; unfortunately don't have a way to check the item details for you.

I hope this information helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem'

Guess we'll see in 8 to 10 days.
Johnus

I did a search on google and could only really find fake Iridium's mentioned.

When I first started DE shaving I tried an Astra Green and didn't like them. Could of been a duff blade but more than likely poor technique at the time. I tried a pack recently and thought they were great. I'll report back when I receive them

The ones I got from Connaught were made in the Czech republic. I think these are made in Turkey.

I think they look legit too. Now, if they're old stock it's a different matter (though, hopefully, it won't affect the shave).

I'm going to give one a whirl in my Cooncat tomorrow so will be in a better position to judge then.

Back
Top Bottom