Mikes Natural Soaps

Mikes Natural Soap is the Usual USA Made Pseudo Tallow Soap..It has Added Tallow Oil like other Current USA Made So Called Tallow Soaps..Its Got an Oily Sludgy almost Axle Grease Feeling on the Face..I Wouldn't Even Call it a Soap..No Cushion at All..It Went Down the Bog..o_O

Billy

Never tried his shaving soaps but I am a huge fan of his shampoo bars - it is quite literally the only product I've used to wash my hair with for the past 1-2 years now.

You're going to have to decide who to take notice of here, DB. A certain member above disapproves quite vehemently....whereas I absolutely rate the stuff. Mine's called Vetiver, Lanolin & KokumButter Shaving Soap. The ingredients are listed as: Distilled water, saponified tallow and stearic acid, vegetable glycerin, saponified kokum butter, avocado oil, shea butter, lanolin, vetiver essential oil, saponified coconut oil, kaolin clay, vitamin E. I get stonking top drawer shaves from it. Don't see them on the site now...things have moved on.

I love it, mate. Can't remember where it came from...probably another fellow TSR member during the period when the BST section was thriving with decent gear and people sent cracking samples of stuff and PIFs were something to behold.

My inventory also includes other US stuff that members will have put up for sale or exchange....Reef Point Espresso & Reef Point Admiralty, Catie's Bubbles Baileys Irish Coffee, Soapy Bathman Bay Rum and Strop Shoppe Bay Rum. I love 'em all and consider myself lucky to have had them available to me during a time gone by.

Clearly there's something wrong with me as my face hasn't erupted in an epidermal outbreak worse than that last seen in the Plague of 1665. In fact my face hasn't even shown the earliest signs of falling off or turning green....none of the medical disasters that seem to befall others when using the above mentioned compositions have afflicted me yet.

Haven't bought any soap for ages as the cupboard is still bulging with delights that will see me into my grave.

So, DB, you can order a tin and risk a face full of pustules, absesses and fetid excressences...or take the chance that it might, actually, be rather pleasant.

Do you think I ought to insert the obligatory smilie in here to placate the group?

OK... I'll do the decent thing ... :)

Mike's is one of the best soaps out there I have ever tried. It is actually just one of 3 brands I currently have in my rotation. Cushion and glide are spectacular - but the post shave feel is out of this world. It can take a huge amount (ie buckets) of water, without breaking down. It needs a bit of practice to get the lather right - but once you are there, you will always have a puck or 4 in your drawer ;)

Back
Top Bottom