Zenith boar brushes in UK

Seems that Zenith boar brushes are getting hard to find in UK now. Shaving station used to have some but there is no restock now. I like my omega boars (use them exclusively now), and was wondering if i can fing a Zenith boar to try their knot too (for the handle, there is no question that it is superior in most of them from omega)

Anyone has found any online shop that sell zenith boars to check for ordering one in uk? Or have you placed any order in yourshaving lately? Are there custom fees now for packages around 20euros?

I purchased this boar brush from Shaving Station a couple weeks back

I've been very happy with it, i'm enjoying the knot a lot more than the Semogue brushes I've tried. I also ordered a horse hair Zenith from yourshaving about 6 months ago, arrived quickly and didn't have to pay any fees.

Omega handles aren't cheap. They make tons of different handles: wood, acrylic, horn and even solid silver. No other (non artisan at least) brush maker offer so much variety and quality. Take a look at their immense catalogue on their website. The only hard thing is to come by these, but you can always drop them an email.

I ordered two Zenith unbleached boars with the white handle from YourShaving around November time. First class service and I’d rank the Italian boar knots as follows:

1. Zenith unbleached
2. Omega
3. Zenith bleached/blonde

In truth, I’d be happy with any of them but the unbleached deservedly stands top of the pile.

I ordered two Zenith unbleached boars with the white handle from YourShaving around November time. First class service and I’d rank the Italian boar knots as follows:

1. Zenith unbleached
2. Omega
3. Zenith bleached/blonde

In truth, I’d be happy with any of them but the unbleached deservedly stands top of the pile.
Agree 100%

Seems that Zenith boar brushes are getting hard to find in UK now. Shaving station used to have some but there is no restock now. I like my omega boars (use them exclusively now), and was wondering if i can fing a Zenith boar to try their knot too (for the handle, there is no question that it is superior in most of them from omega)

Anyone has found any online shop that sell zenith boars to check for ordering one in uk? Or have you placed any order in yourshaving lately? Are there custom fees now for packages around 20euros?
I’m a big fan of the Omega 20102 for both knot AND handle. Take the daft sticker off and it has a good, solid, masculine and easy to grip feel. Turned beechwood base, sleek black plastic top and neatly finished with a solid metal ring and yes, it real metal not chrome finish plastic. Add the usual great Omega boar knot to the ensemble and you’ve got perhaps the only brush you could ever need or even want for just over a Jeremy. Like a poor man’s SOC only better.

I’m a big fan of the Omega 20102 for both knot AND handle. Take the daft sticker off and it has a good, solid, masculine and easy to grip feel. Turned beechwood base, sleek black plastic top and neatly finished with a solid metal ring and yes, it real metal not chrome finish plastic. Add the usual great Omega boar knot to the ensemble and you’ve got perhaps the only brush you could ever need or even want for just over a Jeremy. Like a poor man’s SOC only better.

I am a huge fan of omega boar knots, that's why I have a lot of their brushes and I end up giving up any other brush (synthetic, badger etc) and I am exclusively using now omegas. But after using for years 49 and afterwards 48 I ended up that I need a loft of up to 55mm for face lather (that I do exclusively now). Therefore, my favourites and the ones i am using now are 10108 (have 3 of them!) , 10290 and lately I bought the premium jade one. All of them have loft 55mm or 50mm. 20102 seems quite tall at 60mm+ loft

I don't like semogues because they are quite floppy for me and never tried a zenith. That's why I was wondering if I can find a zenith with 55mm loft in UK. I have seen in yourshaving for example 506 both bleached/unbleached that can be a nice face lathering brush

Last edited:
A Zenith unbleached knot at a lower loft will become your best friend given your above preferences and I can certainly vouch for Your Shaving. If just ordering one or two brushes, I can’t see you getting stung for customs. I didn’t when I ordered two of the cheap, white handled ones last year’s end.

I wanted a boar brush a year or 2 ago. I used a badger and really didn't feel I could justify a new one. Tried horse hair. Just shed and shed. Didn't really last. Looked on line there's a guy in the States on the bay. Who customised zenith boar brushes. Calling them big scrubby. 50mm loft with 28mm knot I think. Anyway you can look them up if you want. I chose the chrome handle. Wow what a brush. It is really firm still despite a year or mores use. A really lovely well made brush.
For the price great value. I'm sure I didn't get hit with vat and customs. Anyway talk to him.

Back
Top Bottom