Your shaving wishlist

+1 on the institutional Gillette, I have been looking for 1 for a long long time.

I had a "slide" of 5 or so English Gillette "Psycho" razors a few years back with one key if I recall. Made in early 60's. Sold every one for a song. Mint & unused, except for one I tried. Found them in an antique store I used to live near and where years before I bought my "daily driver", i e., English post - war BE Tech. I think I sold the "Psychos" for $50 a piece.

I had a "slide" of 5 or so English Gillette "Psycho" razors a few years back with one key if I recall. Made in early 60's. Sold every one for a song. Mint & unused, except for one I tried. Found them in an antique store I used to live near and where years before I bought my "daily driver", i e., English post - war BE Tech. I think I sold the "Psychos" for $50 a piece.
You guys will hate me!

Some years ago, I spotted one with key on eBay with a starting bid of £7.99. I set to watch it. The listing ended. Next, I spotted it had been relisted as buy it now. I bought it! Showed off on (this?) forum to hear from the fellow who'd been in touch with the seller asking for a buy it now price. Seems the seller put it up for this enquiry and I snatched it while they conversed. The chap who'd asked for the buy it now price bore no hard feelings towards me but I rather felt that this was bad karma. I've done a lot of good deeds in the meantime.

EDIT - Found it!

I believe I've shaved with it once, maybe twice. It's a '60s Tech, but more fiddly. Pure collectable.

EDIT - Yes, used it once ...

Last edited:
1 : Carbon CX in Titanium with the R2 Handle. ( Dont know which plate to get, they are very expensive if you have to get another plate)

2 : Feather AS-D2 ( just because it's a Feather)

3 : REX Ambassdor ( Love the look but .........)

4 : Learn to shave with a straight razor... ( Don't have the courage to start learnig yet and I realise there is more to buy and learn than just the razor stropping/honing etc
).

• Gillette Aristocrat - The SB barberpole type handle one - #15? I love the look of these and it would complete the vintage collection. I'm not prepared to pay the current going rates for these though so this may never happen.
The OC version is the one I would like to have, and a user grade double ring, but I can't justify the $$$. They won't shave any better than anything I now have so I will probably never have either.

il_570xN.303792881.jpg

Last edited:
I've actually got my kit into the order that I want ...

Vintage are predominatly now collections that I enjoy having, looking at, fiddling with and occasionally shaving with. I have found that the Muhle Rocca really suits me and for the sake of variety, I also like the Yaqi Katana. I like boar brushes, which I have one or two that I like to use over and over. Some nice synthetics to weave in as and when I fancy. Soaps, I've assembled a good set of classic shaving soaps, sticks, a good set of classic Italian croaps, few loved vintage and a core of Wickham's 1912 that I like very much. Aftershaves, likewise, sorted. I've tried pretty much everything I want to and settled on a small(ish) set of equipment that enhances my daily ritual.

Find something you like and use it often.

That said, there's are still a few unicorns out there that I'm hunting down ...

Star 1912 with a unique Star stamp on the back ... Made in England
EverSharp (yes, as in Schick) 1912 ... but in Gold < I have a nickel plate
Gillette Tech Featherweight < quite a unique Tech which you can see details of on Mr Razor
Gillette 'New' with the long bar and slot
... and find a Gillette 'Hybrid' Tech for @Bogeyman

Muhle Rocca R96 Jet ... just out of curiosity, having enjoyed the Yaqi Katana with a DLC coating

I'd like to try some old(er) Crabtree & Evelyn soaps, but really don't want to pay the prices that they shift for nowadays.
That reminds me,... I want a Radio 1912.

hmmm too many to mention but heres a few...

Henson (think its made in canada) really and i mean really want to try it out due to the shape of the head, looks like a very easy shave imo
Broman
Fatboy
Gillette New, long and short open combs,
Karve and some of the expensive ones too one day :)

ohh yea the blackland vector and that yaqi knock off version of it, never tried an AC razor

would like to buy a nice kamisori and a straight razor for headshaving too

Decided to remove the Cobra off the list being the Occams Enoch is so close in feel and shave but I have added a DE of all strange things. The Wilde and Harte Apsley or Eltham. If only for their absolutely gorgeous looks. Yes please
They look just like every other run of the mill modern razor, I see nothing unique or interesting about them. What makes them desirable?

They look just like every other run of the mill modern razor, I see nothing unique or interesting about them. What makes them desirable?

How about if I just say 'I love the looks and the form with function aspect'. As for can I afford one is another question.

And to the same token I see nothing unique or 'I would like' in respect to vintage razors. I have a couple of 19's and see them more as shovels for garden gnomes. Despite the fact they shave, okay.

How about if I just say 'I love the looks and the form with function aspect'. As for can I afford one is another question.

And to the same token I see nothing unique or 'I would like' in respect to vintage razors. I have a couple of 19's and see them more as shovels for garden gnomes. Despite the fact they shave, okay.
I was asking for real, what makes those more desirable than others that look the same or similar?

What are 19's?

I keep biding my time in the hope a brass Hone or Karve ever come up in the BST section! Scouring eBay as well and but there’s no way I have the time to get on all the shaving forums to hunt one elsewhere so if you see one going or have one you want to move on let me know! The hone especially looks stunning and fits my preference for mild razors.
Does anyone know what the difference between the standard Karve and the wide version is other than the blade being covered? Does it make too much difference?

I keep biding my time in the hope a brass Hone or Karve ever come up in the BST section! Scouring eBay as well and but there’s no way I have the time to get on all the shaving forums to hunt one elsewhere so if you see one going or have one you want to move on let me know! The hone especially looks stunning and fits my preference for mild razors.
Does anyone know what the difference between the standard Karve and the wide version is other than the blade being covered? Does it make too much difference?
It’s exactly that, keeps the blade covered, makes zero difference. I have the wide version as prefer the look.

Back
Top Bottom