Your shaving wishlist

This, that I can‘t afford :(

Joe.

This, that I can‘t afford :(

Joe.
Interestingly I saw the prices of these on the website a few days ago and they were cheaper. The Nodachi was £130. The prices seem to have gone up by enough for our 10% off code to take them back to the original price.

I am really surprised to find myself at a point where I am no longer interested in DE razors and DE blades....after using the AC setups.
My wishlist has changed due to that...
Straight Razor (I've always wanted to shave successfully with a shave-ready straight)
A good but affordable straight razor preferably wedge to quarter hollow. I longed for a buttery smooth edge...
Soaps from the UK
Signature Soaps
Twa burd Soaps
Soaps from the US
Too many...
Brush
Enough...(for now)
Blades
DE...enough
KAI ProTouch MG

There are two things I would love to get my hands on

A Jar of La Toja Manantiales shave soap - long discontinued so unlikely this will ever materialise
A Gillette "psycho" with original key. I was close once to getting hold of a complete box (10 razors, 1 key) in an eBay auction. The seller didn't realise what he was had an and listed it incorrectly - until, that is, someone contacted him and told him, and abracadabra the listing was gone.

These are my shave stash ambitions. but I'm long since resigned to never getting my mitts on either!

I'm pretty much sorted, but one thing I'm really fancying is a bottle of annick goutal sables.
I had a try of it in a department store in Newcastle a few years ago and thought it was fantastic, Mrs Isaiah however thought it was horrendous :) so I'm finding it hard to justify the price for something I wouldn't get to wear much.

Love Goutal perfumes. Not great longevity but so thought out and refined

A Jar of La Toja Manantiales shave soap - long discontinued so unlikely this will ever materialise
I'm with you on that. I remember seeing it in El Corte Ingles department stores in Spain - must be about 15 years ago? Just before I started shaving properly, unfortunately - I only recall it because of the unusual packaging - if I knew then what I know now - I'd have bought an armful. I.

The den is probably something I'm going to keep adding to as I'm a bit of a hoarder by nature but there's a few items I want (want - not need). Here's the list:
  • Aluminium Karve - I've been that impressed with my brass Karve that I want the aluminium as well. I feel the brass version negates the need for a stainless steel one in my case. The wait list is currently full and the production rate is pretty low so it will probably be a while before I get one.
  • ATT Windsor Pro Slant - I do like my ATT razors. This head doesn't yet exist but ATT have eluded to it. I really like the S1 and will snap this up if it becomes available.
  • Brass Colonial General - I have the stainless and aluminum. I'm intrigued by the brass and it would complete the trio.
  • RazoRock Game Changer OC Plate - I've found myself enjoying OCs a bit more lately. Not sure if I'd want to add the 68 or 84 plate though.
  • Gillette Aristocrat - The SB barberpole type handle one - #15? I love the look of these and it would complete the vintage collection. I'm not prepared to pay the current going rates for these though so this may never happen.
What's your wishlist?
That is an interesting list.

Since I got my two Feather Artist Club razors, SS and DX, my appetite for new razors has dried out a lot......

Karve looks interesting, perhaps a year ago it would have been on my radar.

ATT, I'm a big fun and I have 4 completed sets but I won't buy another ATT razor.

Colonial General, I have the SS V1, the V2 looks interesting but I don't like the new handle, I think it looks awful lol

Game Changer, I have the CC plate and that's enough for me.

ARISTOCRAT, not really into vintage razors and at current prices, not chance I'll get one either.

So I guess my wishlist is empty atm :) with the exception of a couple of AS that I'm running out.

Am on the lookout for a copper Above the tie Windsor top cap.
I have all the other parts in copper. Am using stainless Windsor top cap at present.
Also looking for a timeless steel .68 sb base plate as the .95 is too aggressive for me.
Would like to try charcoal goods hammered finish, level 2.
Can’t justify price at the minute- that could change! Haha

Back
Top Bottom