Your Oldest Soap/Cream

I was having a chat with @BrianH earlier and we were discussing the potential age of soaps and it raised an interesting question (or two):

What's the oldest shaving soap/cream you currently use and what is the longest inservice soap/cream you have (i.e. do you have something you've been using for years)?

I have and use occasionly an Old Spice puck in the original lidded mug and I guess it dates from the 1960s, it's lost nearly all of its scent but the lather it produces is fantastic and I am still using my OSP soaps that I bought in 2016 simply because it's one of the longest lasting soaps next to MdC, no matter how much I use them they do not seem to deminish in size ! I also have two types of Figaro P.160 that get regular use and I guess the are from the 80s P.

Last edited:
1930s!? That's amazing!!

How long has your 1912 been in use for Darren? Gives me hope for my stockpile

A bit of an off shoot of a question and apologies for going off topic, but I bought a grooming kit that came with a shaving stick (probably from the 50's or 60's?) that smells near enough exactly the same as the Valobra shaving stick. Do you have a stick from the ones above that smells like that? I have a suspicion it might possibly be a Boots Lavender stick.

Aside from that my oldest shaving soap is a tub of Proraso Green I bought from around 3 years ago, from when I first started DE shaving, which seems to be performing much the same as it did to begin with. There's a chance I might even come close to finishing it within 4 years of owning it!

I have and use a Yardley puck which must be late 1960s early 70s, to judge by the fact the pricing on the box is in old money. Also a puck of Canoe soap, from the 1960s, I think, and some Old Spice from the 1970s. All lather excellently, although the scents are a bit faded.

possibly, both of my boots old english lavender sticks are an inch n half in diameter , approx, however picking up a vintage travel shave kit for the shave stick tubes , is how i found my yardley stick , i would guess many suppliers where used ,depending on age ,cost , shop ,where the kit was sold , etc