Your greatest albums

I do love dipping into this thread and getting reminded of some amazing music!! I don't think anyone has put forward a list that hasn't had at least one album on there I've owned and enjoyed.

Holy crap, that is one hell of a top ten, let alone the extras. I got into the Cocteau Twins massively in the last few years. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, I think it was a combination of things. I saw ‘Pearly Dewdrops Drop' on a show called I think ‘Indie at the BBC' that I still have on the recorder box and watch from time to time. I was transfixed by Liz' voice and the sounds coming out of the guitar and bass. I also read at a similar time that Robert Smith once described Liz' voice as “The voice of God.” Coming from the frontman of probably my favourite ever band, I had to check them out further. Next time I was in Vinyl Exchange (great shop) in Manchester I managed to pick up both Treasure and Heaven Or Las Vegas on the same day.

Sometimes when I get into a band late on, I like to pick the albums up in the order they were released, but I picked up the CT albums randomly as and when I saw them. I was blown away by Head Over Heels and also the Lullabies to Violane 1 collection. I've always been obsessed with b-sides, EPs and hunting down obscure songs, so that LTV compilation really hit the spot for me. Also bands like Slowdive and more recently Beach House that I enjoy a lot, have been influenced by the Cocteau Twins. Awesome music

I'm a fan of Beach House too. 'Teen Dream' and 'Bloom' being my favourites.

My wheel(s) of steel.

Well Tempered VersalexView attachment 38164

And very nice to go with it

Another album I could happily place on the list.

One More from the Road - Lynyrd Skynyrd

I would love to say because of 'Free Bird' but it is the whole of the song list. A superb live album which is well produced and whereas many live albums don't show bands at their best this one actually betters their studio work. Lucky enough to see them live before the dreadful air crash.

I'm glad this one came back to mind as it is now going to get some playtime this evening.

My list & in no order, depends on mood:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic

Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

The Smiths - Hatful of hollow

Ian Brown - The greatest

Living Colour - Times up

Primus - Frizzle Fry

Faith no more - The real thing

Beastie Boys - Check your head

Joan Armatrading - Joan Armatrading

& a sneaky 11th, 12th