Yaqi postage issues.

LeeMaz

Supporter
Supporter
I’ve alluded to this in my shave of the days posts but Yaqi have been a bit of pain of late with regards to deliveries. I know the postage can be long and unreliable from them but I’ve now got some soaps and splashes stuck in various shipping hubs around the world waiting to be moved on, from orders that are nearly 3 months old. Yet my Telstar arrived in a week or two! Add to that that I’m particularly pissed off that they messed me around with the aftershave shave splash I ordered, sent it, had it returned for no apparent reason on their tracking, had it sent again and they switched my order to their sister site, Missraybeautyproducts. This was then returned without me being updated and despite having splashes ordered and delivered a day later, I was told last week they can’t deliver aftershaves to the UK now!
I’m pretty sure it’s probably something to do with it being ordered via the app and their flash sales but I would like the matching splash to the soap I have! I’m pretty sure it can be ordered as it’s still advertised as being available in the UK but I guess they either don’t want to honour the sale price or have ‘changed’ their postage carrier.
I’ve never had a problem with them before infact I’m a fan of a lot of their stuff but this has put me off buying from them again at the moment. I have no idea how they can one day say we can’t deliver aftershave to the UK and the next a bottle arrives! Or how orders made a few weeks ago arrive before those made two and a half months before!

Last edited:
I ordered their lemon and something else soap and splash. Instead of the splash, I got a soap sample instead. They sent a replacement out. The replacement splash arrived arrived before the soap did, which was in transit for months.

I wonder if cosmetics go through a slower, land shipping option?

I ordered their lemon and something else soap and splash. Instead of the splash, I got a soap sample instead. They sent a replacement out. The replacement splash arrived arrived before the soap did, which was in transit for months.

I wonder if cosmetics go through a slower, land shipping option?
Maybe, I’ve never had much of an issue with brushes and razors. Soaps have been hit and miss and at the moment very miss, but the splashes have been dire. I am tempted to reorder it!

I have never had an issue before my last order, which was never sent. I ordered an item in the sale for £6.00 which usually was £21.00. I usually select Spain as the hub, this appears to be problem free.

@LeeMaz it appears the Yaqi site has been destocked of all hardware, except for one razor head, and currently only shows soap and splashes. Missray has more stuff, but a lower satisfaction rate and seems less professional somehow. Maybe the beginning of the end for the cult of Yaqi :unsure:

@LeeMaz it appears the Yaqi site has been destocked of all hardware, except for one razor head, and currently only shows soap and splashes. Missray has more stuff, but a lower satisfaction rate and seems less professional somehow. Maybe the beginning of the end for the cult of Yaqi :unsure:
They’ve a flash sale tonight again. They tend to hold everything back for that so potentially it just that. It’s a shame I love their brushes and their soaps collaboration with master soap creations has produced a great set of soaps, and when I started they were a great inexpensive way to set myself up into the hobby.

Lee, You'll get your AE orders from one of 3 ways: Sea - slowest and not particular common (5+ weeks). Used for very chap items in AE with free postage though. Air direct to UK - more common and quickest (2-4 weeks)? Air via AE Belgium Hub - AE have a massive logistics hub in Belgium. Orders go from China to Belgium then on to the UK. It can take a long time (2 weeks) just to get through the Belgian hub during peak periods, let alone the transit times either side of it. Alcohol must be declared for air freight. If alcohol splashes are not being declared by air, they may be destroyed. It may also be coming by sea that accepts alcohol splashes.

I once had a brush handle, not a Yaqi mind.... And I followed the process of it, the different locations it ended up in before it arrived about 3 months later was crazy.... I would swear it was either by train on on the back of someone's moped.

So what arrived today after being promised it was impossible to deliver! A bottle of the green aftershave! I have annoyingly ordered another on the flash sale choosing another delivery method! It came with a separate brush I ordered on the same day I was complaining about the delayed one, it’s almost like they forgot to sent it, sent it again, forgot and told me it couldn’t be done! You couldn’t make it up!

From what I hear Yaqi is facing financial difficulties, and lawsuits for selling fakes, such the counterfeit shaving bowl of Pereira Shavery. I will never buy from this dishonest traders.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may explain the sister company now delivering and fulfilling their orders. It’s a shame their brushes and soaps are great, they don’t really need to copy the bowls and razors.

Sorry to revive an old thread but guess what, despite being told that it wouldn’t and couldn’t be sent, I had a second bottle arrive yesterday! They had already cancelled the order and refunded the cost so I now have 2 bottles of Yaqi Green! It’s a great scent but not good enough that I need 2!

Back
Top Bottom