Yaqi G4 Synths

The DS Cosmetics knots are different. Some are good, some not so good.

As regards these "new" brushes there is a clue on YaQi's web page that calls these Tuxedo style. That leads one to believe that they just changed the color to drum up sales. Nice looking handles nonetheless.

The DS Cosmetics knots are different. Some are good, some not so good.

As regards these "new" brushes there is a clue on YaQi's web page that calls these Tuxedo style. That leads one to believe that they just changed the color to drum up sales. Nice looking handles nonetheless.
Where are you reading tuxedo?! I can't see any description other than synthetic fibre...

The DS ones I bought were labelled as T4 knots. They seemed pretty similar to the Frank ones I had but overall it does seem like a lottery with these knots if you get one with a giant glue bump or not. Personally I just avoid them now.

And another official site calls that knot "Plisson":

BM, it's not their Plissoft style knot

On the Australian one it says their new Synthetic BEAUX 2Band Knot

That's confusing. I guess I'll just refer to mine as ''Synthetic FIbre''. :unsure:
Anyway, as long as it works nicely, it'll do the job for me!

BM, it's not their Plissoft style knot

On the Australian one it says their new Synthetic BEAUX 2Band Knot
2Band Premium** Can't forget the premium :cool:

One thing is for sure and that is you don't have to shuck out a lot if cash to try these......unless you order from Australia.

The Everest handle can be ordered direct from Yaqi.

I still use my first 24mm Yaqi Plissoft the most, which was one of their first synth brushes they sold direct.

When it comes to their different knots for the ones I have owned the issue of splay and glue bump really makes a difference if you are face lathering but bowl lathering takes away some of the differences and with the latter, it's almost difficult to get a bad lather with any Yaqi synth brush.

Yaqi have some new synths, what I presume are their G4 knots?

There's one with a marble handle,

H289bb69075304c79907f6ad1de7459ddT.jpg

And another one

Hf9b0941d3ff246edb41806864824c0774.jpg

Has anyone placed an order yet?
I bought a Yaqi about a month ago, not quite the same knot ( to my untrained eye). Fantastic brush though!

Used the Yaqi Bali Synthetic today. Beautiful looking brush and it feels nice in the hand. The glue bump is obscene though and makes this a very poor performer. It's going back.

View attachment 70252

Look at those beautifully moisturised hands though.

Inspirational.

Thanks for the info though. It's not surprising though, Yaqi have a track record with sending out brushes with huge glue bumps.

I'm fairly sure they make brushes for other companies who have some actual QC and I'd be more inclined to buy one of those if I was looking for a new synth.

Back
Top Bottom